West Little Rock

15 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Another thing to point out about that Luby's site:  It's next door to Moe's Southwest Grill. If I'm a Taco Bueno franchisee, there's no way I'd locate so close to a concept guaranteed to cut into my profitability. But stranger things have very well happened.

Like the Baskin Robbins that is practically next door to Cold Stone or Zoe's going next to Taziki's.

There was talk sometime back about a Popeye's going in across from War Memorial Golf Course on Markham. It fizzled out but there was obviously some thought of a fast food outlet near the stadium/UAMS. In between St. Vincent and UAMS, there are a handful smaller lots that are open and ready to go.

13 minutes ago, Smith said:

There was talk sometime back about a Popeye's going in across from War Memorial Golf Course on Markham. It fizzled out but there was obviously some thought of a fast food outlet near the stadium/UAMS. In between St. Vincent and UAMS, there are a handful smaller lots that are open and ready to go.

It was the former Pulaski Bank/Iberia Bank property at Markham and Monroe that was being eyed for Popeye's.  A fast food outlet of some kind isn't unreasonable for the area, but nearby residents may have balked at the thought of how Popeye's could affect traffic on both of the intersecting streets.  And it's a relatively small lot when compared to the neighboring Wendy's.

50 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

It's a fish & chicken place. They're all over southwest and central Little Rock and NLR south of 40. The only website I could find was for the Geyer Springs location, but I think they're all the same.

http://www.sharksgeyersprings.com

Strange...I've never, ever heard of this place.

At least 2 of the sharks locations use to be KFC's.  Not that it bothers me, but, more than half of the KFC locations in LR have closed. 

Edit: The west Markham location next to Academy is the only KFC in LR.

Edited by vbfl85

8 hours ago, vbfl85 said:

At least 2 of the sharks locations use to be KFC's.  Not that it bothers me, but, more than half of the KFC locations in LR have closed. 

Edit: The west Markham location next to Academy is the only KFC in LR.

So the combo Taco Bell/KFC is not still active on Markham across from UAMS?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received a notice in the mail that I.O. Metro/Erdos at Home is entering bankruptcy and they are liquidating all of their stores...quite a fall from what was once a thriving, growing chain spreading across the southeast.  In fact, the manager at the west Little Rock location told me a few years ago that that store was the highest grossing in their chain.