West Little Rock

1 hour ago, Arkanzin said:

Or the empty Dixie Cafe location.

Unfortunately this part of town doesn't seem to be able to hold it's own as development continues to move further west  (and also back east in midtown / downtown). I don't have high hopes. 

6 hours ago, adman0468 said:

If the shopping center were razed, would it be roomy enough for a Costco or would they need to take over the center next door, as well? The Village is empty enough that I could see them being open to the idea.

Not sure both of them would even do it. Costco's are typically ~15 acres, the center that had Chili's and Dixie Cafe is ~9 acres, the center next door less than half that. 

16 hours ago, arky said:

Not sure both of them would even do it. Costco's are typically ~15 acres, the center that had Chili's and Dixie Cafe is ~9 acres, the center next door less than half that. 

I guess that eliminates my second suggestion: the old K-Mart across the street if they could also take 10 Fitness.

On 3/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, Arkanzin said:

I know the likelihood is practically nil, but wouldn't that be a great location for a Trader Joe's?  

I know, I know...dream on!  

I doubt it would happen just around the corner from a Whole Foods.  It'd probably sooner happen on Rodney Parham in the old Kmart. And that probably wouldn't fly either.

• 2 months later...

Urban Air trampoline park is coming to the former Savers space in West Little Rock’. There was a sign that said coming soon on top of building and provided a website listed below:

https://www.urbanairtrampolinepark.com/locations/arkansas/little-rock-west 

While another trampoline park is nice, I really wish places like Main Event would took over the space though the space is too small for them.

Edited by ecity3138

19 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Urban Air trampoline park is coming to the former Savers space in West Little Rock’. There was a sign that said coming soon on top of building and provided a website listed below:

https://www.urbanairtrampolinepark.com/locations/arkansas/little-rock-west 

While another trampoline park is nice, I really wish places like Main Event would took over the space though the space is too small for them.

Interesting.  Little Rock will have Urban Air, Altitude, and Third Realm.  Didn't think our market was big enough for three similar businesses but we shall see.  Savers space doesn't seem very big to me!

4 hours ago, dnashobviously said:

Interesting.  Little Rock will have Urban Air, Altitude, and Third Realm.  Didn't think our market was big enough for three similar businesses but we shall see.  Savers space doesn't seem very big to me!

Is Jump Zone in Maumelle a trampoline park also? 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:21 AM, dnashobviously said:

Never heard of Third Realm.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard what the new gas station is that they are building across from Altitude at the corner of Wellington Hills and Chenal? Thought maybe it was a Kum & Go but the design seems to be wrong on the building but it does appear to be a rather large one. 

-R

On 6/22/2018 at 12:21 AM, dnashobviously said:

Benton is also getting an Urban Air in the old J.c. penney building. That’s a lot of trampoline parks..

On 7/4/2018 at 10:21 AM, SangreRaVen said:

Anyone heard what the new gas station is that they are building across from Altitude at the corner of Wellington Hills and Chenal? Thought maybe it was a Kum & Go but the design seems to be wrong on the building but it does appear to be a rather large one. 

-R

It's a Kum and Go!  

9 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Wow... kind of surprised with how it looks from the outside.. seems so different in design from the other ones in this area. 

-R

I thought so too...but I've been watching it go up and looked at a few others and it's starting to look more like one.  But apparently it was announced officially back in January.  I guess I just missed it.  My opinion is probably unpopular but I'm excited to be getting one so close to home. 

https://talkbusiness.net/2018/01/kum-go-acquires-land-for-store-in-west-little-rock/

14 hours ago, WLRMama said:

I thought so too...but I've been watching it go up and looked at a few others and it's starting to look more like one.  But apparently it was announced officially back in January.  I guess I just missed it.  My opinion is probably unpopular but I'm excited to be getting one so close to home. 

https://talkbusiness.net/2018/01/kum-go-acquires-land-for-store-in-west-little-rock/

I am actually rather glad to see one opening over here and I know several ppl where I work who are as well. They usually have cheaper prices on gas and also pretty good deals on drinks ect :)

-R

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

I am actually rather glad to see one opening over here and I know several ppl where I work who are as well. They usually have cheaper prices on gas and also pretty good deals on drinks ect :)

-R

I like Kum & Go Stores.  I wish we could get one in Midtown but the neighborhood where it was going opposed it.  Instead the neighborhood got an office building.  

• 3 weeks later...

Kum and Go on Chenal is getting closer to being finished, they now have a sign up saying they are hiring for positions. The lot itself still needs finishing done on the parking area and the building and gas pump area is still under constructions. I would guess it will be at least another couple of months before it opens based on the rate they are moving now. 

-R

2 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

I think they are looking at all the businesses over in this area and further down into Chenal. There is a lot of traffic over here and this location is also smaller than the other one, only time will tell if the move works or not. 

-R

It does seems smaller than the current one but I think the existing location would been better than new one due to their close proximity to a major highway.

It was closer to the highway for sure but that whole shopping center over there is dying out. I think Chili's looked at location, condition of the retail center over there and the option of building there own stand alone location in the heart of WLR with direct access to the Chenal corridor.  From what I have heard, several brands are looking at making their new locations smaller to push more towards online / to go and also push the bar more.. Maybe that was part of their thinking, not sure on that. Either way it will be a welcome addition to that area, and will certainly look better than the old Luby's building that was sitting empty. It also has the added plus that it opens up Moe's patio and allows you to sit out there and see more than the back of a building and some AC units :P

-R