West Little Rock

6 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Hopefully they can do something with the old Parker Mini location soon though, it looks sad being empty. That is a pretty major intersection to have a empty spot at and would be a good location for a small office building or even a small retail development :) (I really do not feel we need anymore car dealers :P )

-R

I think LRretail may be right...this facility is owned by Parker, and it’s likely to see them move their Audi (or maybe even Cadillac) dealership to this site.  The Audi facility is WOEFULLY undersized, and arguably not in a great location.  Parker knows how to run a business, so I imagine they’ve thought some of this through - it likely even contributed to their decision to cut bait on Mini.

13 hours ago, EJC said:

Ecity, these restaurants that you wish for aren’t here because no one in a position to offer them thinks they’d be successful.  It’s truky that simple. 

Actually, restaurants like Joe’s Crab Shack would be successful at a site such as Gateway Town Center. There is still strong demands for Joe’s to locate in LR however the chain’s former parent company, Ignite Restaurants, filed bankruptcy and close majority of Joe’s locations throughout the country and sold the remaining locations  to the original owner, Landry’s Inc, who also owns Saltgrass Steakhouse in Little Rock and North Little Rock. It would not surprise me to see Landry’s open a Joe’s next door to its sister property, Saltgrass, in the near future. The Memphis location is always packed the time I go there which is the reason that location survive the bankruptcy of Ignite Restaurant.

Pappadeaux would be very successful here in the Little Rock market and would give Cajun’s Wharf a run for its money since basically it’s the same concept in terms of menu items and prices ($21.99 for a Catfish platter at Cajun’s is almost on par with the Catfish platter on Pappadeaux’s menu). There was even talk from many past and current developers about Pappas Restaurants, parent company of Pappadeaux, opening  a location here however the company did not have any plans for an Arkansas location at this time . This has nothing to do with the fact they think whether it would be successful or not in the Little Rock market because they don’t even  have locations in major markets such as Los Angeles, Orlando, or New York City. Pappadeaux is a family owned company, rather than a large public company such as Cheesecake Factory,  that focus on opening most of their new locations in Texas and barely open locations outside the Texas Border. It took them three years for them to open a Birmingham, AL unit which was the last location they open outside of Texas.

Edited by ecity3138

7 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Actually, restaurants like Joe’s Crab Shack would be successful at a site such as Gateway Town Center. There is still strong demands for Joe’s to locate in LR however the chain’s former parent company, Ignite Restaurants, filed bankruptcy and close majority of Joe’s locations throughout the country and sold the remaining locations  to the original owner, Landry’s Inc, who also owns Saltgrass Steakhouse in Little Rock and North Little Rock. It would not surprise me to see Landry’s open a Joe’s next door to its sister property, Saltgrass, in the near future. The Memphis location is always packed the time I go there which is the reason that location survive the bankruptcy of Ignite Restaurant.

Pappadeaux would be very successful here in the Little Rock market and would give Cajun’s Wharf a run for its money since basically it’s the same concept in terms of menu items and prices ($21.99 for a Catfish platter at Cajun’s is almost on par with the Catfish platter on Pappadeaux’s menu). There was even talk from many past and current developers about Pappas Restaurants, parent company of Pappadeaux, opening  a location here however the company did not have any plans for an Arkansas location at this time . This has nothing to do with the fact they think whether it would be successful or not in the Little Rock market because they don’t even  have locations in major markets such as Los Angeles, Orlando, or New York City. Pappadeaux is a family owned company, rather than a large public company such as Cheesecake Factory,  that focus on opening most of their new locations in Texas and barely open locations outside the Texas Border. It took them three years for them to open a Birmingham, AL unit which was the last location they open outside of Texas.

As much as I love Pappadeaux's, it's an expensive restaurant, one of the most expensive "chain" restaurants I've been to...I fit the demographic, but I imagine Little Rock is borderline - at best - for their metrics and sales targets.  And if you're comparing to Cajun's, which is a fine restaurant, it's not exactly setting the world on fire from what I can tell.  Their recent expansion included OKC (double the LR MSA) and Birmingham (50% larger MSA).  If they're still around, maybe I could see it happening in ten years.  Maybe.  I do hope I'm wrong!

14 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

These restaurants are not here. They are not here no one in a position to open one here wants to do so. No amount of wishing or thinking it otherwise will change this. At some point, there will be additions, but folks sitting on a website stating that LR can support it doesn’t make sense. 

Meanwhile, LR has a vibrant local restaurant scene, which is FAR better than these chains folks keep listing. We are so fortunate with what we have. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EJC said:

These restaurants are not here. They are not here no one in a position to open one here wants to do so. No amount of wishing or thinking it otherwise will change this. At some point, there will be additions, but folks sitting on a website stating that LR can support it doesn’t make sense. 

Meanwhile, LR has a vibrant local restaurant scene, which is FAR better than these chains folks keep listing. We are so fortunate with what we have. 

Well a lot of people thought Dave and Buster’s and Apple store would never open here but it did and has proven to be successful. I DID NOT  say that we don’t have great local options here because we have some excellent local dining options (Sim’s Barbecue, Shogun Dan’s, Whole Hog Cafe, David Burgers  are among my favorite local options) that even people from Dallas come here to. I’m saying  that chains like Joe’s Crab Shack and similar chains  will eventually come to Little Rock and will perform just as good as  their locations in Branson and Memphis.

Edited by ecity3138

10 hours ago, Architect said:

As much as I love Pappadeaux's, it's an expensive restaurant, one of the most expensive "chain" restaurants I've been to...I fit the demographic, but I imagine Little Rock is borderline - at best - for their metrics and sales targets.  And if you're comparing to Cajun's, which is a fine restaurant, it's not exactly setting the world on fire from what I can tell.  Their recent expansion included OKC (double the LR MSA) and Birmingham (50% larger MSA).  If they're still around, maybe I could see it happening in ten years.  Maybe.  I do hope I'm wrong!

Cajun Wharf is a great restaurant, don’t get me wrong on that, but if I’m going pay $21.00 for a Catfish platter, for example, then I expect it to be worth it. Pappadeaux may be expensive but at least you get your money worth. Pappadeaux may come in the future just not right now since they are a small family company and not a large public company like Cheesecake Factory which is declining in food quality recently.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed over the weekend that the Sam's Club Gas Station on Bowman is closed and tapped off. Looks like they are replacing the pumps and maybe even the tanks, lots of digging going on. No clue how long it will be out of action though, did not see anything advising of it. Oddly enough they still were updating the gas prices with membership up by the door :P (guess no discounted gas for a bit).

-R

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 8:51 AM, SangreRaVen said:

New US Pizza location being built in WLR / Chenal Valley area. Not like we need anymore pizza places but eh, guess its better than nothing. 

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/mar/28/u-s-pizza-being-built-on-rahling-201903/?entertainment-dining

-R

Agree with you on the pizza place sentiment, but this helps fill a more important hole: places to grab a beer on a nice patio and watch a game. 

Their food is fine, nothing special (to me), but it's always a nice casual place to gather. We need more of those in WLR.

I am sure it will do fine, there are plenty of offices in the area so people will happily grab lunch there. There are also enough apartments to ensure they have a good base of possible customers. I will be curious to see how much more this part of WLR grows in the next year or two especially with new developments like Rock Creek Commons coming in (whenever they actually start construction on it). 

-R

Hmmm, everything I am seeing is saying its nothing official yet and no permits have been filed yet. Only that they are looking at LR at possible sites in the city. 

-R

The DemGaz published a report today using the word “confirmed”...for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will believe confirmed when I see a sign hanging up that says coming soon :P I am sure several businesses have no desire to have Trader Joe's in this area so I could see some using their connections to block it.  I personally hope it works out and they do open in WLR, will be close to my home and competition is always good :) 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 4:55 PM, vbfl85 said:

According to Arkansas Business, Moses Tucker wants to redevelop the vacant Kmart into a multi million dollar medical office plaza. 

And now that it's underway, here are a couple of photos from the project. The view is from Black Angus, whose property now requires careful attention to enter.

OldKmart1.jpg

OldKmart2.jpg

Noticed the Chick Fil A in WLR is completely fenced off. Not sure if they are doing a remodel or what. Looks to be open still though drive through is totally shut down and most of the grounds are blocked off with machines and fencing.

Update: it's closed for remodeling.

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, SangreRaVen said:

Noticed the Chick Fil A in WLR is completely fenced off. Not sure if they are doing a remodel or what. Looks to be open still though drive through is totally shut down and most of the grounds are blocked off with machines and fencing.

Update: it's closed for remodeling.

-R

Which one in WLR? Cantrell or Chenal? Kind of a rough time to close with all those kiddos just getting out for summer.