West Little Rock

There's some room in the shopping center toward the Mellow Mushroom end, I think.  And per Google, the distance from the Shackleford site ranges anywhere from 3.5 to 4 miles, depending on the path taken. From Markham to Cantrell to Shackleford, the distances between each location range from 3 to 4 miles.

Noticed they are laying concrete slabs for more buildings at Chenal Centre. The first section which is called Chenal Centre I is still empty and does not look like anything is going in yet though its clear they built it with restaurants in mind as the suite on each end of the building was done up with that in mind (one has a drive through and the other has a patio area with a high fence around it). I am curious what they will end up putting in there, my guess is a nail salon will pop up at any moment (like we really need anymore of them in that area). I am just curious why they are building the new buildings now if they still have not leased any of the first building. The lot as a whole is pretty big so surely the other buildings wont just be retail / restaurant related. The next door Wellington Center is not even totally full yet and it took them a few years to even get to the level they are now. Has anyone heard anything about anything new coming into either Wellington Center or Chenal Centre?

-R

-R 

Edited by SangreRaVen

Krispy Kreme Donuts on Shackleford is permanently closed.  Signs are being removed from the building.  
So what can go in there?
Steak N Shake would be a nice addition to that area.  
Any other suggestions?

How in the world would that location not survive? Granted, giving away free donuts to everyone who walks in is a quick path to financial ruin.

Is there one in NLR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Architect said:

How in the world would that location not survive? Granted, giving away free donuts to everyone who walks in is a quick path to financial ruin.

Is there one in NLR?

It's been a while since I was in that location, but they had cut back on the free donut thing.  They would still give one if asked, but would not voluntarily give one away.  I think there were even coupons sent in the mail for a free donut.     

• 2 weeks later...

I never know whether discussion about this area goes in the West Little Rock topic or Midtown topic.  I tend to think of West Little Rock as west of 430 and Midtown starting east of Mississippi.

Regardless, the former Starbucks location on Rodney Parham now has a "Leased" sign out front.   I see in the  Plumbing Permits, it will be a Dickey's Barbecue location.

4 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

I never know whether discussion about this area goes in the West Little Rock topic or Midtown topic.  I tend to think of West Little Rock as west of 430 and Midtown starting east of Mississippi.

Regardless, the former Starbucks location on Rodney Parham now has a "Leased" sign out front.   I see in the  Plumbing Permits, it will be a Dickey's Barbecue location.

I think most people and even news companies locally consider WLR as being west of Interstate 430, from the Arkansas River in the north to Interstate 30 in the south.

-R

Good! I like Dickey’s.

4 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

So what is the area west of University but east of 430?

I guess its just considered part of regular LR except for maybe areas that are part of Heights and Hillcrest :P. We have such special names for the various sections of the city don't we? haha 

-R

Edited by SangreRaVen

On 7/11/2019 at 5:21 PM, vbfl85 said:

I have heard the John Barrow area referred to as West Little Rock by the local news media. 

Among some folks, the preferred nomenclature for that area is tilting toward West Central Little Rock. Rock Region Metro's #9 route is officially tagged as "West Central/John Barrow Road".

On 7/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, ArkansasTraveler said:

Among some folks, the preferred nomenclature for that area is tilting toward West Central Little Rock. Rock Region Metro's #9 route is officially tagged as "West Central/John Barrow Road".

I've never heard that applied to my area.  Isn't that the area south of 630 and west of University?

• 2 weeks later...

So now that Trader’s Joes is in a process of opening a West Little Rock location, will this encourage other retailers (ex: Costco) to make their first Arkansas debut in the city. I still would love to see Costco open a location in West Little Rock or near the Gateway Town Center.

• Like 1

So now that Trader’s Joes is in a process of opening a West Little Rock location, will this encourage other retailers (ex: Costco) to make their first Arkansas debut in the city. I still would love to see Costco open a location in West Little Rock or near the Gateway Town Center.

It’s a fact Costco has been trying to enter the market. There was a concerted effort to locate at Cantrell and I-430 a few years ago.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:12 PM, Architect said:

It’s a fact Costco has been trying to enter the market. There was a concerted effort to locate at Cantrell and I-430 a few years ago.

It's unlikely that Costco will ever be able to break into Arkansas.  Wal-Mart would likely be able to, as they have for so many years, stave off the effort to Costco or any similar competitor to move into home territory. 

• Like 1