West Little Rock

Probably they are just the only ones that went in and changed the settings on Google Business.  They did say "Hope to see in the store soon", so looks like they plan to open back up.

Well regrettably, they’ve now announced on FB that it’s permanently closed. This is EXTREMELY disappointing to me on many levels, but I suppose this won’t be the only casualty - by any stretch - in every marker. Depressing on all fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, Architect said:

Well regrettably, they’ve now announced on FB that it’s permanently closed. This is EXTREMELY disappointing to me on many levels, but I suppose this won’t be the only casualty - by any stretch - in every marker. Depressing on all fronts.

Well, I'm sure it was bound to happen this year, Coronavirus or no Coranavirus.  Coronavirus just made it happen sooner.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, SangreRaVen said:

I hope that doesn't mean Pei Wei will permanently close :(

-R

The two companies actually aren't related anymore. PF Chang is still based in Scottsdale AZ, but Pei Wei was spun off a couple of years ago and is now based in Texas. I didn't know this until a year ago.

• Like 1

The two companies actually aren't related anymore. PF Chang is still based in Scottsdale AZ, but Pei Wei was spun off a couple of years ago and is now based in Texas. I didn't know this until a year ago.

Interesting. I didn’t know that either.

• 1 month later...

I noticed on my way home last night there is sign on Chenal stating that ULTA is coming soon to the shopping center where Old Navy is located.  Is this new or something that was planned pre-pandemic?  Is ULTA in MidTowne moving or is this a second store?  

With Sephora suing JCPenney about its in-store stores, will Sephora be looking for new locations outside of the JCPenney stores? 

What's to become of the former Krispy Kreme location?  Seems like a great location for a fast food location.  I thought maybe Black Angus would relocate there but it went back to its "near" roots.  

23 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

I noticed on my way home last night there is sign on Chenal stating that ULTA is coming soon to the shopping center where Old Navy is located.  Is this new or something that was planned pre-pandemic?  Is ULTA in MidTowne moving or is this a second store?  

With Sephora suing JCPenney about its in-store stores, will Sephora be looking for new locations outside of the JCPenney stores? 

What's to become of the former Krispy Kreme location?  Seems like a great location for a fast food location.  I thought maybe Black Angus would relocate there but it went back to its "near" roots.  

Yes, the sign is relatively new.  I believe it was put up in 2020, but before the pandemic "outbreak".  Not sure if this will be a 2nd location, or moving.  I would guess 2nd locations. 

In regards to Black Angus, they require charcoal burning grill to cook their food, so they had to find a location that would accommodate that.  I doubt that would have been possible in the old Krispy Kreme.  

Speaking of noticing signs, I recently noticed that there was a sign behind the Walgreens on Chenal that said Future Home of Tru Hotel.  I don't think its new since it said coming Fall 2019 or something.  I guess that fell through.  

On 5/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, Arkanzin said:

I guess this would be a second location for ULTA. They are one of the few retailers that were expanding before the pandemic.

Sephora has a store in Park Plaza. With JCPenny filing for bankruptcy and saying they are go to close stores I’m not surprised they are suing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the other day there was some work going on in the vacant lot at the SE corner of Cantrell and Rodney Parham.  Is something being built there, or are they just using it for a staging ground for the new Cantrell/Rodney Parham interchange?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:35 AM, MDC26 said:

I noticed the other day there was some work going on in the vacant lot at the SE corner of Cantrell and Rodney Parham.  Is something being built there, or are they just using it for a staging ground for the new Cantrell/Rodney Parham interchange?

Looks like it's for the interchange.  They started work on it yesterday.  $81 million dollar interchange.  Busiest intersection in the state that is not an interstate.  

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/may/31/cantrell-project-to-close-local-road-20/

• Like 1

The former Infiniti Dealership off Colonel Glenn is now Steve Landers Cowboy Mitsubishi.  I believe this is second Mitsubishi dealer in the state, the other being in Springdale. 

What a really...lame...name. I mean, who doesn’t equate the builder of Japanese Zeros with Wild West Cowboys? In Arkansas?

• Haha 3

On 6/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, vbfl85 said:

The former Infiniti Dealership off Colonel Glenn is now Steve Landers Cowboy Mitsubishi.  I believe this is second Mitsubishi dealer in the state, the other being in Springdale. 

Seriously?  Are we going to have to endure Steve Landers commercials where he's riding a drug store horse with a toy six-shooter?  

• Like 1

It appears the Shell Station / Burger King at Markham and Chenal may be in its last days.  A sign went up at the Markham / Chenal intersection stating the property was "For Lease, Ground Lease or Build to Suit."

This is from the Newmark Moses Tucker Partners website:  Shell / Burger King

Murphy USA has certainly put a dent in the Shell station's business.  

BURGER KING.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had been given pre-notice to this, but it was confirmed in today's Arkansas Business that Parker Audi is spending just over $3M to renovate and relocate to the previous location of Parker Mini on Chenal Parkway.  I was told that Porsche is not included in the new location, but I do wonder - and this is pure speculation about Porsche on my part - if Parker might actually reallocate the current, existing (small) Audi location for a possible Porsche dealer.

p.s. One of these days when I find time, I'll try and "correct" and recreate the "Automobile Dealerships" thread that I inadvertently "merged" with this West Little Rock thread a few years ago.

46 minutes ago, Architect said:

I had been given pre-notice to this, but it was confirmed in today's Arkansas Business that Parker Audi is spending just over $3M to renovate and relocate to the previous location of Parker Mini on Chenal Parkway.  I was told that Porsche is not included in the new location, but I do wonder - and this is pure speculation about Porsche on my part - if Parker might actually reallocate the current, existing (small) Audi location for a possible Porsche dealer.

p.s. One of these days when I find time, I'll try and "correct" and recreate the "Automobile Dealerships" thread that I inadvertently "merged" with this West Little Rock thread a few years ago.

Glad to hear that something will be going in where the Mini dealership was.  You would think, that they would not spend $3 million to move the Audi dealership away from the Cadillac dealership unless they had something planned for that location.  It would be cool to see Little Rock get Arkansas' first Porsche dealership.  

2 hours ago, MDC26 said:

Glad to hear that something will be going in where the Mini dealership was.  You would think, that they would not spend $3 million to move the Audi dealership away from the Cadillac dealership unless they had something planned for that location.  It would be cool to see Little Rock get Arkansas' first Porsche dealership.  

Don't misunderstand...my comments about Porsche are entirely speculative.  I just know that they were in play a few years ago between several local dealerships, and Little Rock is one of (if not THE) largest market without Porsche.  I'm still a bit shocked they haven't yet addressed this.

4 hours ago, Architect said:

Don't misunderstand...my comments about Porsche are entirely speculative.  I just know that they were in play a few years ago between several local dealerships, and Little Rock is one of (if not THE) largest market without Porsche.  I'm still a bit shocked they haven't yet addressed this.

Oh no, not misunderstanding. I just thought that your “prediction” was very intuitive, and was hopeful you are correct. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MDC26 said:

Oh no, not misunderstanding. I just thought that your “prediction” was very intuitive, and was hopeful you are correct. 

I own and Audi, and coincidentally I took it in for service today and the service tech and I were talking about their newly planned dealership, and I asked him what the plans were for the existing, and he didn't know.  I expressed that I sort of hoped Parker would bring in Porsche, and he said there were a lot of people who want to make that happen...he then proceeded to tell me that he thought Fayetteville would get a Porsche dealer before Little Rock, so I gave him a little perspective.  I said, "NWA doesn't even have a Lexus dealer.  Or Infiniti.  Or Volvo.  Or Land Rover.  Or Jaguar.  Or Audi.  They aren't getting a Porsche dealer anytime soon."  LOL.