Architect

West Little Rock

The former Zoe's Kitchen is being remodeled so it can be....a bank.  Chase Bank is expanding into the Little Rock Metro.  It is opening a larger location on South University near The District.  It is also opening branch banks and the former Zoe's Kitchen will be one of them.  Remodeling is happening now, including construction of drive-thrus.  

There are several former Arvest Bank locations just down the street that are now vacant.  The one in front of Planet Fitness is closed and up for lease.  The one in The Heights at Cantrell and University is now vacant.   I'm not sure why those locations, already made for a bank, couldn't be of use to Chase.  

• Like 1

The former Zoe's Kitchen is being remodeled so it can be....a bank.  Chase Bank is expanding into the Little Rock Metro.  It is opening a larger location on South University near The District.  It is also opening branch banks and the former Zoe's Kitchen will be one of them.  Remodeling is happening now, including construction of drive-thrus.  
There are several former Arvest Bank locations just down the street that are now vacant.  The one in front of Planet Fitness is closed and up for lease.  The one in The Heights at Cantrell and University is now vacant.   I'm not sure why those locations, already made for a bank, couldn't be of use to Chase.  

Agreed. That’s ridiculous. I’m also sort of peeved that the high profile corner of Chenal and Rahling is also...wait for it...under construction as another bank. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

According to Arvest's website, the Heights branch is still around, though it's existed solely as a motor bank for some time (after closing an accompanying storefront a few doors down from Tipton Hurst some years ago). That West Markham branch across from Planet Fitness was also a motor bank when it operated. My guess is that in converting the Zoe's Kitchen by Target, Chase is looking for the added flexibility of eventual inside traffic, but one would think the old NBA/Arvest branch at Markham and Bowman would've afforded that well enough.

In the same wave of expansion, Chase is also setting up a loan production office across from Pleasant Ridge Town Center, assuming Verizon's old spot in a building it shared with Mattress Firm.

1 hour ago, Architect said:

Agreed. That’s ridiculous. I’m also sort of peeved that the high profile corner of Chenal and Rahling is also...wait for it...under construction as another bank. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, not exciting, but it's somewhere would a bank would want to go.  They have cleared the large wooded at the other corner of Chenal/Rahling.  I have no idea what that will be.  They've also cleared away trees at Rahling and Chenal Valley Dr.  I also saw that the property at Kanis and Rahling was recently sold.  Lot of work going on along Chenal/Rahling corridor now.  

20 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

According to Arvest's website, the Heights branch is still around, though it's existed solely as a motor bank for some time (after closing an accompanying storefront a few doors down from Tipton Hurst some years ago). That West Markham branch across from Planet Fitness was also a motor bank when it operated. My guess is that in converting the Zoe's Kitchen by Target, Chase is looking for the added flexibility of eventual inside traffic, but one would think the old NBA/Arvest branch at Markham and Bowman would've afforded that well enough.

In the same wave of expansion, Chase is also setting up a loan production office across from Pleasant Ridge Town Center, assuming Verizon's old spot in a building it shared with Mattress Firm.

It may be open now, but this article indicates it will be closed soon. 

Arvest to close 31 locations on June 30.

5 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

It may be open now, but this article indicates it will be closed soon. 

Arvest to close 31 locations on June 30.

I had forgotten about that, but I still think Chase would want more of a full-service setup close to the Heights — though that may be their only shot IN the neighborhood that already has a dozen other banks as competition. Unless it's already spoken for, the building vacated by Centennial Bank down the hill at the shopping center in Riverdale would certainly seem like an attractive opportunity, especially if that center can be revamped.

I noticed there is work at Chenal and Autumn Road where the traffic island has been removed.  There are also barrels at Chenal and Bowman.  I'm wondering whether the traffic islands blocking thru-traffic in the third lane (right turning lane) of Chenal will be removed.    This would open up traffic for three lanes going west on Chenal from the Shackleford overpass all the way to Markham.  

Anybody got info?

6 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I noticed there is work at Chenal and Autumn Road where the traffic island has been removed.  There are also barrels at Chenal and Bowman.  I'm wondering whether the traffic islands blocking thru-traffic in the third lane (right turning lane) of Chenal will be removed.    This would open up traffic for three lanes going west on Chenal from the Shackleford overpass all the way to Markham.  

Anybody got info?

That would be great if they're making it a dedicated 3rd lane instead of an interrupted 3rd lane...it would certainly help alleviate traffic/backups coming off of I-630 during evening rush hour.  Chenal does this much further out west, from Wellington Hills to Kanis where the right turn lane essentially becomes a 3 lane for a bit.