West Little Rock

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Architect said:

Yeah, it's super cool but let's just say that it all seems a bit...ambitious.  That being said, if you look at their development link and read through their "partners" on each venture, they are some legitimate players.  Clearly they've done a lot of planning.  We'll see.

They just announced the location of Top Golf in LR - Brodie Creek Village.  Just North of the  dealerships at the NW corner of Col Glenn and I-430.  Let the race begin.  

1 hour ago, MDC26 said:

They just announced the location of Top Golf in LR - Brodie Creek Village.  Just North of the  dealerships at the NW corner of Col Glenn and I-430.  Let the race begin.  

Yeah, hmmm....seems like the I-430/I-30 location would be more visible and would play off of all the other destinations there:  Outlets of LR/Dave & Busters, Movie Tavern, Bass Pro, etc.  Then again, maybe Top Golf is more of a destination where people seek it out and they're less dependent on other venues, plus I guess it's technically closer to more of their target demographic.  It's sort of ironic that the NWA location is in a more "urban" area than the Little Rock location.

• 1 month later...

According to this Dem-Gaz article, Bale Chevrolet is proposing to relocate to the NW corner of Cantrell and I-430...currently and historically wooded residential area, and defacto entrance to Two Rivers Park and all things River Trail, this seems like corporate suicide.  I can't image that the citizens, nor (hopefully) the city would approve a zoning change for this travesty.  I'm not typically a NIMBY, but this is a ridiculous proposition.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/sep/13/lr-auto-seller-files-proposal-for-move/

1 hour ago, Architect said:

According to this Dem-Gaz article, Bale Chevrolet is proposing to relocate to the NW corner of Cantrell and I-430...currently and historically wooded residential area, and defacto entrance to Two Rivers Park and all things River Trail, this seems like corporate suicide.  I can't image that the citizens, nor (hopefully) the city would approve a zoning change for this travesty.  I'm not typically a NIMBY, but this is a ridiculous proposition.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/sep/13/lr-auto-seller-files-proposal-for-move/

Yeah, the article talks about potential of high rise residential and mixed use development. Nothing like a car lot to entice high rise development. 

1 hour ago, MDC26 said:

Yeah, the article talks about potential of high rise residential and mixed use development. Nothing like a car lot to entice high rise development. 

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to some mixed-use retail and residential, even high-rise (I am aware of an earlier proposal for a high-rise condo tower on that site a few years ago) - it's mainly the "car lot" proposal that seems entirely out of place.

The reality is that this is THE busiest intersection in the state, so there will be LOTS of pressure for development.  I just hope the city and developers approach it with sensitivity and vision, rather than careless sprawl.

• Like 1

Little Rock getting its first Whataburger at 17100 Chenal Parkway.  Looks like that is the wooded lot just past the Genesis carwash at the Kanis intersection.  Instead of clearing a new lot, I wonder why they couldn't build at one of the empty lots in front of Costco.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Plumbing permits have been submitted for Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux (Louisiana-style restaurant & bar co-owned by Drew Brees) at 16103 Chenal Parkway in what I presume to be the former Mellow Mushroom space. Chains seem to have varying degrees of success here, but I've actually heard pretty decent things about the other locations. I'm glad that spot is being filled so quickly and I think it'll be nice for that area of WLR to have a good sports bar to finally replace The Tavern.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LR501 said:

Plumbing permits have been submitted for Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux (Louisiana-style restaurant & bar co-owned by Drew Brees) at 16103 Chenal Parkway in what I presume to be the former Mellow Mushroom space. Chains seem to have varying degrees of success here, but I've actually heard pretty decent things about the other locations. I'm glad that spot is being filled so quickly and I think it'll be nice for that area of WLR to have a good sports bar to finally replace The Tavern.

That’s great. I was disappointed MM closed down, as I liked their food. Looking forward to trying Walkon’s. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 3:13 AM, theman said:

Ground was recently broken on the Porsche dealership. It should be finished in early 2024.

It's about time...incredulous really that Little Rock went without Porsche for going on what must be 30 years (Riverside Motors used to be a dealer for Porsche, Audi and Mercedes, until Mercedes Benz told Riverside that they were going to carry MB exclusively, or not at all, so they dropped Audi and Porsche).  I suspect Little Rock was the largest market in the U.S. without an authorized dealer...and there are a ton of Porsches in this market in spite of that fact.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2023 at 3:55 PM, ecity3138 said:

According to Kark,  Aldi’s is opening a Little Rock location in the now closed Bed Bath & Beyond space on Chenal Parkway.

https://www.kark.com/news/business/aldi-usa-buys-location-of-former-little-rock-bed-bath--beyond-report-claims-grocer-putting-in-storefront/

I thought their stores were always free-standing. 

And that's a huge space. if they do take it, it won't be the whole thing, will it?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...