West Little Rock

Interesting how a few of the dealerships were excited just a few years ago to locate on Chenal Parkway. Now, not counting the newly opened Mini shop (with its address technically on Markham), it won't be long before the Bale shops are the only ones left in that corridor. Unless something else moves in, of course.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would prefer Cantrell Road not be an option if Costco is seriously considering a location in the area.  

Surely there is someplace on Rodney Parham, Chenal Parkway, or Bowman that would be large enough for a Costco.  I know the stores are huge but tear down some of the (for lack of a better word) "blemished" areas to make way.  It doesn't have to locate on a currently vacant, wooded lot, does it? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to this evenings City Board of Directors' agenda, Target is considering the possibility of creating a small outlot at the front of the property on Chenal Parkway. The easements in question cris-cross over the area under consideration for the outlot. The property is zoned PD-C, Planned Development Commercial, and any new development will have to be reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission and Board of Directors. All utility companies have approved the proposed easement abandonments.

I've attached (I think) a link to the sketch of the proposed outlot.  Any idea what Target is planning on doing with this outlot?  I'm guessing they are interested in leasing the property.  Hopefully it could be a restaurant of some sort.  

http://www.littlerock.org/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingAgendas/Agendas/AGENDA%20-%20WEB%20-%202-3-2015/G-24-046%20SKETCH.pdf 

• 1 month later...

According to this evenings City Board of Directors' agenda, Target is considering the possibility of creating a small outlot at the front of the property on Chenal Parkway. The easements in question cris-cross over the area under consideration for the outlot. The property is zoned PD-C, Planned Development Commercial, and any new development will have to be reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission and Board of Directors. All utility companies have approved the proposed easement abandonments.

I've attached (I think) a link to the sketch of the proposed outlot.  Any idea what Target is planning on doing with this outlot?  I'm guessing they are interested in leasing the property.  Hopefully it could be a restaurant of some sort.  

http://www.littlerock.org/BoardOfDirectors/MeetingAgendas/Agendas/AGENDA%20-%20WEB%20-%202-3-2015/G-24-046%20SKETCH.pdf 

Zoe's Kitchen

BMW will be coming to the car mecca of Colonel Glenn. Looks to be at the bottom of the hill below the Ford dealer. This is on top of Riverside Acura/Suburu being very close to finishing their locations behind the Valero station.

Not surprising I suppose, given the age and condition/small-ish size of their current facility.  Will Volvo move with them?  Even though the Rodney Parham location has long since been passed over as the "center" of west Little Rock, I think the symbiosis of their adjacency to Volvo, Audi and Cadillac has benefited all of those marques.  It makes we wonder how or if this will impact Audi and Cadillac (both Parker dealerships).

p.s.  As a car enthusiast, BMW, Audi and Cadillac are probably my favorite three brands, and I'm personally sad they won't be right next to each other, which made for nice Sunday afternoon car browsing! 

• 4 weeks later...

Natural Grocers is looking to build a store at 9210 Rodney Parham.  This is down the street from the old Whole Foods location before it relocated.

More specifically, it's the site where Western Sizzlin' once stood (and later, some questionable-at-best Chinese restaurants), just over from Walgreens (9200 Rodney Parham).

Also worth noting, from the Natural Grocers company overview...

Stores range from 5,000 to 16,000 selling square feet; new stores average approximately 11,000 selling square feet

 Approximately one quarter of a store’s selling square footage is dedicated to dietary supplements

 Approximately 20,700 SKUs of natural and organic products per comparable store, including approximately 6,700 SKUs of dietary supplements

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

• 2 months later...