New Theme Park Planned for Spring Hill, TN

timmay143

A company has bought 700 acres of land near I-65 in Spring Hill. Zoning changes were approved to commercial yesterday without the official announcement from today. The company plans to foot the whole bill and is not asking for any incentives from the city or state. The theme park is planned to be named Festival Tennessee . Company is based in Las Vegas named the Big International Group of Entertainment Inc. and hope to have a soft open by next fall. Plans are being designed by ITEC in Orlando, FL who plan to build two large hotels, a water park, movie studios, restaurants, outlet centers, and a sports complex.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110302/WILLIAMSON01/110302014/Spring-Hill-theme-park-will-called-Festival-Tennessee?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14170659/announcement-to-be-made-about-possible-theme-park

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27047632/detail.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I just caught wind of this channel 5 report. I thought this might be too good to be true. Definitely a project I won't put much stock in either until it is fully built and operating.

http://www.newschann...broken-promises

edit: Oh wow, just noticed from the NBJ article that the sports complex hopes to eventually draw an NBA team...hmmm...I'm great...but, one, the NBA is supposedly looking to contract size-wise, and two, would people really go there for an NBA game?!? Now maybe if there was light rail out to Spring Hill, wink, wink.

Also from the NBJ, they list a charter school and a skate park as additional venues on the park.

Yeah, poor mayor. He was probably just excited to have this huge announcement that is going to save Spring Hill after GM bailed. I mean when the state doesn't catch wind of something this large then something must be up. Maybe, just maybe we will be wrong because if done, and done right, then this would be pretty cool.

NBA team, two 4-thousand room hotels, ya ya ya, and now, "in negotiations to relocate the Grand Ole Opry." That ding dong thinks he's taken the cake and run back to Vegas with it.

We've heard this type of nonsense for years. This is about the 5th time so far since O-land closed. Obviously these oddballs haven't a clue that our citizenry is well acquainted with the concept of due diligence. The poor mayor of Spring Hill...he should be a bit red-faced for falling for this, but really now, one company mentioned has 5-9 employees with annual revenues of $1.5 - $2 million. I'm so sure they can get a theme park financed at $750 million and do all the infrastructure themselves.

That's my take on the matter.

NBA team, two 4-thousand room hotels, ya ya ya, and now, "in negotiations to relocate the Grand Ole Opry." That ding dong thinks he's taken the cake and run back to Vegas with it.

We've heard this type of nonsense for years. This is about the 5th time so far since O-land closed. Obviously these oddballs haven't a clue that our citizenry is well acquainted with the concept of due diligence. The poor mayor of Spring Hill...he should be a bit red-faced for falling for this, but really now, one company mentioned has 5-9 employees with annual revenues of $1.5 - $2 million. I'm so sure they can get a theme park financed at $750 million and do all the infrastructure themselves.

That's my take on the matter.

thumbsup.gif

This whole thing sounds about as serious as the businessmen a few years ago that wanted to build a 110,000 seat stadium in Lebanon, TN to attract the Tennessee Volunteers to play some games near Nashville. The same guys wanted to build two 100 story office towers that included a hotel and condo's. It was ridiculous. This, I am afraid, is equally as ridiculous. The NBA would have no interest, even playing exhibition games, when they already have a franchise in Memphis 200 miles down the road.

BR86

Archived