Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wendell FOX

What Toronto could've been

I know I've been away for a while (you'll see this more often starting September when I go to university ;) ) but here's something I found sorta funny by Hillis. We've all seen happy, future skyline pics, but what about the reverse? Prepare your tissues (or serviettes) now...

toronto_notower.jpg

OK, here's a bonus to make up for your lost feelings:

new2.jpg

The big one on the right is the disapproved John Maryon Tower.

If you watch one of the trailers for Resident Evil 2, you'll see that Raccoon City is really T.O. with no CN Tower.

I think that HQ of the bio company in the movie was actually Toronto City Hall also.

Good thing that John Maryon Tower was never built... it would probably be the only tall building on the skyline and it would be one crappy skyline.

I don't know what year the John Maryon Tower was proposed then disapproved, but even if it existed, it would have been one hell of an eyesore on the Toronto skyline. :( That is how I would look at it if it was the case: uninspiring, ugly, unattractive and gross-out useless.

Oh man that pic without the CN Tower is freaky! I dont feel right when looking at it ;)

I was in Toronto probably about this time last week, the CBD is alot smaller then it looks on the photos. Still a great city though, lots of street life etc. Lots of condos going up too, I was amazed by the amount I saw, its like half the skyline is still under construction.

That is how I would look at it if it was the case: uninspiring, ugly, unattractive and gross-out useless.

Ah, but that is what people said about the World Trade Centre when it was built.

Wow, it's a good think that the John Maryon Tower was never built! That would've made the skyline look rather silly, IMO.