Census: Clarksville over 132,000

Fallingwater

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An article today also states that, at the current rates of growth, Clarksville will surpass Chattanooga as the state's 4th largest city by the 2020 census.

Interesting that Montgomery County is behind several counties in population (Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford), but that Clarksville is the 5th largest city. Considering that we are the only incorporated city in the county, I believe that consolidation isn't too far away.

The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the 2010 census lists Clarksville now has a population over 132,000. It was an increase of over 28% from the last census.

My link

An article today also states that, at the current rates of growth, Clarksville will surpass Chattanooga as the state's 4th largest city by the 2020 census.

Interesting that Montgomery County is behind several counties in population (Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford), but that Clarksville is the 5th largest city. Considering that we are the only incorporated city in the county, I believe that consolidation isn't too far away.

I think Clarksville has such a large population becasue of the large area the city covers. However, the density is much smaller than Murfreesboro or Franklin. Clarksville density is 1,090 people per square mile where Murfreesboro's density is 2,683 and Franklin's is 1,393. There are large areas of undeveloped land in Clarksville and Montgomery county is largely rural that would explain the smaller population when compared to Rutherford and Williamson.

• 2 years later...

I think Clarksville has such a large population becasue of the large area the city covers. However, the density is much smaller than Murfreesboro or Franklin. Clarksville density is 1,090 people per square mile where Murfreesboro's density is 2,683 and Franklin's is 1,393. There are large areas of undeveloped land in Clarksville and Montgomery county is largely rural that would explain the smaller population when compared to Rutherford and Williamson.

Clarksville census numbers:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/47/4715160.html

• 4 weeks later...

Archived