Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fallingwater

Census: Clarksville over 132,000

6 posts in this topic

The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the 2010 census lists Clarksville now has a population over 132,000. It was an increase of over 28% from the last census.

My link

An article today also states that, at the current rates of growth, Clarksville will surpass Chattanooga as the state's 4th largest city by the 2020 census.

Interesting that Montgomery County is behind several counties in population (Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford), but that Clarksville is the 5th largest city. Considering that we are the only incorporated city in the county, I believe that consolidation isn't too far away.

The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the 2010 census lists Clarksville now has a population over 132,000. It was an increase of over 28% from the last census.

My link

An article today also states that, at the current rates of growth, Clarksville will surpass Chattanooga as the state's 4th largest city by the 2020 census.

Interesting that Montgomery County is behind several counties in population (Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford), but that Clarksville is the 5th largest city. Considering that we are the only incorporated city in the county, I believe that consolidation isn't too far away.

I think Clarksville has such a large population becasue of the large area the city covers. However, the density is much smaller than Murfreesboro or Franklin. Clarksville density is 1,090 people per square mile where Murfreesboro's density is 2,683 and Franklin's is 1,393. There are large areas of undeveloped land in Clarksville and Montgomery county is largely rural that would explain the smaller population when compared to Rutherford and Williamson.

I think Clarksville has such a large population becasue of the large area the city covers. However, the density is much smaller than Murfreesboro or Franklin. Clarksville density is 1,090 people per square mile where Murfreesboro's density is 2,683 and Franklin's is 1,393. There are large areas of undeveloped land in Clarksville and Montgomery county is largely rural that would explain the smaller population when compared to Rutherford and Williamson.

Clarksville census numbers:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/47/4715160.html

Lot's lof land inside the city are ripe for development.  Problem is, everything here is developed with a suburban mindset.  Nothing is well planned.

Great to have you posting again Michael

1 person likes this