Laugh Fest

gvsusean

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent seen anything about Laugh Fest (in any great detail anyway) nad was wondering f it had a big effect on GR... Was it akin to Artprize? can someone give me their reactions to it and its effect on GR?

It sounds like it was pretty successful.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/03/betty_white_and_other_laughfes.html

Like ArtPrize? The whole structure of it and the number of choreographed shows makes it hard to do a comparison.

...Like ArtPrize? The whole structure of it and the number of choreographed shows makes it hard to do a comparison.

Yep. March weather, indoor venues, sit-and-spectate offerings that took place at certain times.

A/P involves lots of outdoor venues, viewers traveling between spaces, some 'round the clock impact. It's not like L/F could deploy GVSU students to offer questionnaires to the throngs teeming along downtown sidewalks (perhaps they did).

There are some nifty L/F banners hung along Fulton between the cop shop and the BOB. (I should run go shoot them before they come down.)

Archived