New stores at Siegen market place?

itsjustme3

Anyone know what the news stores will be? This is the shopping center with Sams/walmart/kohls/Lowes/etc by the I10 & Seigen.

Looks like 3 new stores along n mall and s mall drive.

Wish they'd tear down that dead movie theatre while they are at it. Put in a park or something rather than the eyesore of a empty movie theatre next to the freeway.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they moving the Toy's r us or adding a new store? I'd hate to see another empty eye sore by cortana, as if circuit city isn't enough for that immediate section.

The main entrance, I'd love to see them square it off. It feel like every time i pass by someone isn't paying attention exiting the mall area and doesn't yield to the traffic on Siegen.

I was wrong. Looking on google earth right now and there isn't a park, but rather a pond. It looks as there is a dirt road from the road that runs next to the apartment complex in the back and goes towards Pecue. It could be done but until the Pecue on/off ramps are built it won't happen. HOPEFULLY someone has already planned for that but likely not. That's how BR is planned....as in not very well.

• 2 months later...

I forgot to post the link a couple weeks ago from the advocate when I saw it, and of course I can't find it now. The Toysrus and babies rus are being moved. The new building will be a combo Toys r us and babies r us and after it opens the other two separate stores at cortana will both be closed.

Ahh, that's sad.

Yeah, it'll end up being more blight in this area of town. I work here and it's sad because some parts of it are trying to make a comeback and yet every retailer that closes takes two steps back. Add Dillard's to the list as I'm sure that's what "Clearance Store" means. My wife and I went in there a few weeks ago, they were almost completely empty of stuff on the second floor and didn't have anything of higher quality that Dillard's usually carries. It seems to me that they took clearance stuff from all the surrounding stores and shipped it to Cortana and sent all the good stuff back to the DC.

Ahh, that's sad.

Yeah, it'll end up being more blight in this area of town. I work here and it's sad because some parts of it are trying to make a comeback and yet every retailer that closes takes two steps back. Add Dillard's to the list as I'm sure that's what "Clearance Store" means. My wife and I went in there a few weeks ago, they were almost completely empty of stuff on the second floor and didn't have anything of higher quality that Dillard's usually carries. It seems to me that they took clearance stuff from all the surrounding stores and shipped it to Cortana and sent all the good stuff back to the DC.

Archived