Hostage situation in Spartanburg

Spartan

I was told that this mess made the national news, so I figure its worth posting about. If anyone has some comments or wants to know something about that whole ordeal yesterday (July 19th) then please post them here. If I get no responses after a few days I will remove this post.

Basicly this guy was being pulled over for having an expired tag, and he freaked out (since he has many (probably close to 50 something) prior convicitons- dating back to 1983) and he ran into this gas station on the Southside and took this lady hostage. It lasted all day, and they finally just started knocking holes into the gas station with a bull dozer (because he had himself locked in a freezer room). Anyway- he came out, they shot him, and the hostage escaped. I think he is alive at this point.

Anyway, this was big news. One of our local stations devoted un-interrupted coverage of it, and despite what you might think, it actually got over all audience approval of it.

If you have any comments or questions, post them here!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived