The Sheraton is changing names

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hartford Plaza Hotel

yup, thats the new name. it has new management. not sure if that means new owners, but it will no longer be a sheraton.

just handing out the info

Looks like the Holiday Inn in E. Hartford is too - there are big blue tarps over all the HI signs. Hopefully not another Motel 6 (yuck) like the one that took over the Quality Inn in Vernon.

Looks like the Holiday Inn in E. Hartford is too - there are big blue tarps over all the HI signs. Hopefully not another Motel 6 (yuck) like the one that took over the Quality Inn in Vernon.

Holiday Inn changed their logo recently and they have been phasing it in nationally. not sure if thats why.

from

HolidayInnCOLOR2.gif

to

The%20Big%20H.gif

I will miss the old Holiday Inn logo. I have fond memories as a kid taking road trips with my family and staying at the hotel with the big shining star. Oh, well. The one in East Hartford seems more than just a logo change on the building. I think if they were doing that, they wouldn't be covering up the old one. There are huge dumsters outside as well. That makes me believe some major renovations are going on, so it will probably not be a Motel 6, but something nicer...unless that hotel was extremely out dated.

About the Sheraton...are we talking about the one just over the river in East Hartford, or is there one still downtown I don't know about?

I will miss the old Holiday Inn logo. I have fond memories as a kid taking road trips with my family and staying at the hotel with the big shining star. Oh, well. The one in East Hartford seems more than just a logo change on the building. I think if they were doing that, they wouldn't be covering up the old one. There are huge dumsters outside as well. That makes me believe some major renovations are going on, so it will probably not be a Motel 6, but something nicer...unless that hotel was extremely out dated.

About the Sheraton...are we talking about the one just over the river in East Hartford, or is there one still downtown I don't know about?

Its the one just over the river in E hartford.

Regarding the Holiday Inn, If its the one near Margharitas, the hotel next door was "recently" renovated from "by the hour" to quite nice, so I am thinking the Holiday Inn has been forced to renovate to compete.

Archived