1415 Lake Drive - Kingsley Bldg - Redevelopment

GRDadof3

I think the most interesting things were that it appears to have high interest and 17,000 SQ FT total depending on the end-users with a hopeful October open date. Looks like a combination of retail/restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The original Smith Thomas clock will return to the Kingsley Building. Sounds like repairs will be made to the various clock parts and an attempt will be made to place it on the building and get it up and running once again. If that fails, the clock will at least be put on display in the building.

I've been trying to dig up a photo of the building as it originally looked with the clock, but I haven't found anything.

• 1 month later...

Trillium Haven Farms just announced that they are opening a farm-to-table restaurant in June in the KIngsley Building. I heard about this a bit ago, but this seems to be the first official news.

----------------------------

Trillium Haven: A Farm-owned Neighborhood Eatery

Trillium Haven Farm is moving into the city--into the newly renovated Kingsley building on Lake Dr. in Eastown, in the form of a "farm-to-table" veggi-first restaurant!

We'll be two blocks away from our old house in our old neighborhood! In so many ways this is a homecoming for us--and it's the perfect neighborhood to launch a restaurant dedicated to connecting real people to real food from real farms.

Trillium Haven Farms just announced that they are opening a farm-to-table restaurant in June in the KIngsley Building. I heard about this a bit ago, but this seems to be the first official news.

----------------------------

Trillium Haven: A Farm-owned Neighborhood Eatery

Trillium Haven Farm is moving into the city--into the newly renovated Kingsley building on Lake Dr. in Eastown, in the form of a "farm-to-table" veggi-first restaurant!

We'll be two blocks away from our old house in our old neighborhood! In so many ways this is a homecoming for us--and it's the perfect neighborhood to launch a restaurant dedicated to connecting real people to real food from real farms.

Apparently there was also something in the Eastown Community Association newsletter. A friend of mine quoted this on Facebook.

"Trillium Haven is looking to open up this summer in the newly renovated Kingsley Building on Lake and Robinson. The owners (Michael and Anja) would like to invite the public to view their plans and provide feedback for their new venture. Come take a look and be a part of the process!

Thursday, February 9th, 2012. 6pm - 8pm ECA Hall: 415 Ethel, Grand Rapids, MI."

Can't wait to see what they do with the space.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Another thing I noticed on my walk yesterday was that the Icapsa Used Books Store on the first floor of the Kinsley building has closed. I thought they were the prime tenant for the building. Are they still using the upper floors and just not running a walk in bookstore?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

New tenant signage is in the window at the Kingsley Building. Taking the space between E.A Brady's and Terra.

Cheeky signage in the window.  Any one know what might be going in?

I did know and now I can't remember. Urgh. 

• 2 months later...

Can't complain about the new look. It will be interesting to hear how the neighborhood feels about the parking ramp. Everyone here knows my feelings on developments providing their own parking. :)

Sort of reminds me of the Don Cesar Hotel in St Petersburg. 

19094026186_afee6f75f5_o.jpg

Typical residential floor. Nice atrium in the middle.

18934190349_87c5b769f6_h.jpg

Fun rooftop. Solar panels and all. Knowing Bazzani they will come to fruition and aren't just for show. 

19120329295_07b69d00f3_h.jpg

Archived