Hampton Roads Music

Telmnstr

Just a heads up that I've made public a project I started working on some time ago. It's an internet radio station that is local music. By local it's centered around Hampton Roads, but material can come from as far away as DC/Raleigh.

So far there has been about 15 artists that have submitted, and it keeps climbing. Eventually I hope to do who's playing where before the weekends, and some interviews and such. We've got comedians interested also.

www.radio757.com is the site and the stream is now public.

If you know local musicians please spread the word. The uploaded material has to be original work, but other than that we're pretty wide on genres.

I got inspired to finish it after seeing the history of hip hop in Hampton Roads thing over at the Chrysler Museum.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

We're letting people submit the music this way they can agree to let us play it and such.

I've been slack and it's running the same content. Almost got everything. Got a console and restored it that came from William and Mary's station. Got CD players and other hardware from WRIR in Richmond. Got mics from craigslist, preamps, etc.

Need to finish it up soon.

Also if people have ideas for shows...

Also, there is a TV show starting up soon that will air on Cox channel 11. It's not us making the show but we're willing to help them out however possible.

Archived