Ice Storage Sold In The Gulch

smeagolsfree

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for Tony, a nice profit. On the other hand I think this is a horrible location for apartments..... NES substation across the street, Charlotte Ave. in all its glory, the under side of a viaduct above, and trains galore..... not mug to love IMO

I'm glad to hear that apartments will be built. The CBD is in need of rentals. I knew that the condo trend was a mistake before the bubble burst. It's just common sense. Why would people BUY in a market that they cant even RENT in. The gross lack of rentals in the CBD needs to be corrected quickly. Condo buyers will follow.

I loved my rental in midtown enough that i would have looked for a condo in the area had i not moved away. I miss Elliston Place so bad.

Aside. New rental building will be (IMO) very healthy for the area. Most of the rentals available in the downtown/midtown area are pretty old. While old buildings have a certain charm that certain people love, it's unwise to ignore that the typical American wants to live somewhere that was built in their lifetime. Also, according to the developers website, the icehouse project will have a minimum unit size of 750 sq. ft. This is a reasonable sized unit. Some of those "affordable" condos they were trying to sell at >600 sq. ft. are laughable! No wonder they wouldn't sell!

I hope this trend continues.

Good for Tony, a nice profit. On the other hand I think this is a horrible location for apartments..... NES substation across the street, Charlotte Ave. in all its glory, the under side of a viaduct above, and trains galore..... not mug to love IMO

patience grasshopper :)

hey hamlet - could you post a URL for the developer website listing that information? I was unsuccessful in finding anything.

thanks

I'm glad to hear that apartments will be built. The CBD is in need of rentals. I knew that the condo trend was a mistake before the bubble burst. It's just common sense. Why would people BUY in a market that they cant even RENT in. The gross lack of rentals in the CBD needs to be corrected quickly. Condo buyers will follow.

I loved my rental in midtown enough that i would have looked for a condo in the area had i not moved away. I miss Elliston Place so bad.

Aside. New rental building will be (IMO) very healthy for the area. Most of the rentals available in the downtown/midtown area are pretty old. While old buildings have a certain charm that certain people love, it's unwise to ignore that the typical American wants to live somewhere that was built in their lifetime. Also, according to the developers website, the icehouse project will have a minimum unit size of 750 sq. ft. This is a reasonable sized unit. Some of those "affordable" condos they were trying to sell at >600 sq. ft. are laughable! No wonder they wouldn't sell!

I hope this trend continues.

William Williams will have the story in next Monday's City Paper. He told me all of the particulars today, and it will be somewhat impressive to say the least. Good infill. Now, there were some design particulars I did not agree with, but all the information will be available next week. Patience is the key, but in reality it is not anything to get very excited about. I am not going to give anything away, so I won't, but; a 20+ story tall building geek like myself will not be too excited.

The renderings are not on the company website yet either, so going to their website will not give any information. All I can say is the developer has built some suburban fare in the surrounding area, and has partnered in a small way with a current developer on a previous project. This project will be reminiscent of some projects already underway and completed.

Wait until Monday!

BR

William Williams will have the story in next Monday's City Paper. He told me all of the particulars today, and it will be somewhat impressive to say the least. Good infill. Now, there were some design particulars I did not agree with, but all the information will be available next week. Patience is the key, but in reality it is not anything to get very excited about. I am not going to give anything away, so I won't, but; a 20+ story tall building geek like myself will not be too excited.

The renderings are not on the company website yet either, so going to their website will not give any information. All I can say is the developer has built some suburban fare in the surrounding area, and has partnered in a small way with a current developer on a previous project. This project will be reminiscent of some projects already underway and completed.

Wait until Monday!

BR

So what you're saying is we will have a Velocity at either end of 11th, but we just can't get a good idea till William's article next week?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived