West End Village apartments

jice

New apartments in the West End area..

244-unit West End Village complex at Long Boulevard and 31st Avenue North in Nashville will begin in the next 60 days.

The Residential Group of Atlanta is leading the project, which officials hope will be completed by the third or fourth quarter of 2012

Read more: New apartments slated for West End area {sodEmoji.|} Nashville Business Journal

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Found this on bid clerk this morning.

Description Site work and new construction of a multi-residential development in Nashville. Completed plans call for the construction of a 244 mid-rise-unit residential development that will include a clubhouse and associated parking. This project is being r...Click here for complete Project Details

transparent.gifThe est. start date is next month. I have no idea what this one is. The Ray Henslar project is 300 units and Tony's is around 270 units.

Elliston 23 is 331 units.

Tony's project around the corner was already listed on bid clerk.

Site work and new construction of a multi-residential development in Nashville. Design plans call for the construction of an eight-story, 200-unit apartment building. This project is currently contingent upon further city approval. Construction ...Click here for complete Project Details

Anyone have any ideas????

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is from Willam at the post:

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2012/2/2/full_scale_work_on_west_end_village_looms

I can shed a little more light on this one as I gave the info to WW. As far as I can see, the buildings will come almost all the way to the side walk. There will be a two deck parking garage in the back. There will only be about 8 feet between the buildings, a three story and a 5 story. I think the 3 story will sit on top of the parking garage. The 5 story will sit closer to 31st. There are three more homes that will be coming down on Long for this project. Tentative start date is 3/1 and I think that depends on the financing time table

On a side note from what I understand is there are going to be town homes across the street as well but no this developer and probably not for a year or so.

This is a prime spot for development. A few places have gone up in recent years, and it'll be good to see some higher density housing in this area. I imagine it will perform well with its proximity to the park, businesses along West End, Vandy, etc.

It'd be nice to see 31st turn into a somewhat quieter version of Hillsboro Village or Demonbreun. Pedestrian oriented, some sidewalk cafes, shops, restaurants and bars to mix in with the higher density residential zones.

This is a prime spot for development. A few places have gone up in recent years, and it'll be good to see some higher density housing in this area. I imagine it will perform well with its proximity to the park, businesses along West End, Vandy, etc.

It'd be nice to see 31st turn into a somewhat quieter version of Hillsboro Village or Demonbreun. Pedestrian oriented, some sidewalk cafes, shops, restaurants and bars to mix in with the higher density residential zones.

Indeed, there are still plenty of underutilized lots in that area as well

I found a rendering of this project on the Davis website that I hadn't seen posted here before. The rendering itself still isn't very revealing, but in it, the project looks far more attractive than it does in that initial rough sketch, where it looks more like a suburban style apartment block that doesn't address the street. So, this is a bit more encouraging:

west_end_village.jpg

• 3 months later...

No one has mentioned anyhting about this one for a while, but work has started and permits pulled, fences up and trees coming down. This will have a major impact on 31st and Long. A five story building and a four story with a parking deck.

Tony is a development partner on this as well

No one has mentioned anyhting about this one for a while, but work has started and permits pulled, fences up and trees coming down. This will have a major impact on 31st and Long. A five story building and a four story with a parking deck.

Tony is a development partner on this as well

Drove by today and was going to make note that the lot is basically cleared. There was some minor hail so suffice it to say I was not getting out and snapping any photos.

Archived