Hyatt Renovation

vicupstate

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2012/NOVEMBER/Formal/11-26-2012/Item15a-Development%20Agreement%20with%20City%20Center%20LLC%20for%20City%20Center%20Plaza.pdf

City Council to vote on Monday if they will spend 900k on the plaza areas of the Hyatt and accept a easement on the property. Hyatt has committed to spend at least $15mm on the renovations.

The food that Roost offered at Fall for Greenville was excellent! Based on those initial tastings, I would think they'll be a success.

I hope that NOMA is vibrant enough to pull people to the restaurant. My initial impressions of the plaza, from looking behind the construction walls, is that the plaza is rather bland.

Not that its terrible, I think it could use something else like a sculpture or something in it in addition to the waterfall.

I wish they had incorporated rock like so many other public spaces downtown have done in the past decade. Otherwise looks good through pictures. Can't wait to have a meal at Roost and experience it all in person... 

Not that its terrible, I think it could use something else like a sculpture or something in it in addition to the waterfall.

I think they were trying to open up the space, hence the lack of a sculpture or other large feature.  When the trees bloom, it should look nice.

I'm gonna wait until the plaza area is 100% finished with construction before I decide whether I like it or not. Several things are still left to be installed like the permanent stage, seating, etc.

Agreed. And it has to be better than that water feature that was there that collected trash and brought it into the hotel. I think this should look nice for this side of Main. I love all the new/updated open public spaces downtown. 

• 3 weeks later...
All the new "Grass" that has been laid down on the Beattie Place side at the main entrance is ASTROTURF!  Is that a temporary measure until the weather gets warmer and they can plant sod or is it permanent?

I've wondered that, too... It looks really nice and green, and they've taken great care to have it laid perfectly. We'll see, but I don't think it really bothers me. I'd think it'd be difficult to grow grass in that location with the large trees and shade from the buildings.

All the new "Grass" that has been laid down on the Beattie Place side at the main entrance is ASTROTURF!  Is that a temporary measure until the weather gets warmer and they can plant sod or is it permanent?

You have GOT to be joking! OMG! Hurling here. Lots wrong with this redo. Too many things to list.

I took a ton of pics today of the renovation project which I will post tomorrow. All I have to say is WOW...JHM has done a fantastic job with what has been completed so far. Everything looks top notch. They took a hotel that was stuck in the 1980's and brought it into the 21st century.

Archived