Hyatt Renovation

vicupstate

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and indeed it is much improved. It is much warmer and contemporary, and the layout makes much more sense.  I was glad to see the interior fountain remain, I had gotten the idea it would go, like the exterior one did. 

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. 

GS3, no one was under the expectation that you would like it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GS3, no one was under the expectation that you would like it.

You just can't let others have their opinion, can you?  Really.....always with the personal remarks. This thread is to discuss the Hyatt, not make personal attacks.  Please stick to the topic.  K?

Awesome, esp. the round "bar" area, the modern furnishings and all the wood. The gaudy decorative carpet in photo 15 &16 distracts...but looks ahhhh  "hotel" as it rightfully is. Otherwise, a great looking place in a hotel I would stay in Greenville that looks better than SF's Hyatt Embarcadero--now very outdated and in need of complete makeover...save for the cool "High Anxiety" elevators that are iconic and timeless.

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I love the new BRIGHT chairs! They really pop against the building and plaza!

At least Greenville is following......the bright metal chairs won awards when they were initially installed in the Klyde Warren Freeway Park some time ago. Randomly placed on the grounds, they act as "living room chairs" for the city and also act as modern living usable sculpture for the nearby Nasher. Link:

http://steve-lovelace.com/a-sunny-day-in-klyde-warren-park/

NOMA should throw in some random pattern to play off the color. A bit too placed and not really totally working with the black tables. Shades or tone on tone would be better IMO.

At least Greenville is following......the bright metal chairs won awards when they were initially installed in the Klyde Warren Freeway Park some time ago. Randomly placed on the grounds, they act as "living room chairs" for the city and also act as modern living usable sculpture for the nearby Nasher. Link:

http://steve-lovelace.com/a-sunny-day-in-klyde-warren-park/

NOMA should throw in some random pattern to play off the color. A bit too placed and not really totally working with the black tables. Shades or tone on tone would be better IMO.

I did not know the Cheesecake Factory had wifi in them, you do get on here often.

• 2 weeks later...

Greenville Daily Photo shared a picture of NoMa Square today:

DSC00471.jpg

The Hyatt's improvements look great! I like NoMa Square for the most part. I'm glad to see fresh investment and a new look for the plaza. It ought to be great for outdoor concerts! However, I think Piazza Bergamo may show up NoMa when all is said and done. We'll see. Nonetheless, Greenville's outdoor spaces have gotten a HUGE boost with the complete overhauls of the Peace Center grounds, Piazza Bergamo, and NoMa Square. Reedy Square should make this list, if we see it move forward... 

Greenville Daily Photo shared a picture of NoMa Square today:

DSC00471.jpg

The Hyatt's improvements look great! I like NoMa Square for the most part. I'm glad to see fresh investment and a new look for the plaza. It ought to be great for outdoor concerts! However, I think Piazza Bergamo may show up NoMa when all is said and done. We'll see. Nonetheless, Greenville's outdoor spaces have gotten a HUGE boost with the complete overhauls of the Peace Center grounds, Piazza Bergamo, and NoMa Square. Reedy Square should make this list, if we see it move forward... 

Reedy Square will be at the top of the list . . . if it moves forwards. 

Archived