The Convention/Science pedestrian bridge, why isn't it finshed?

beerbeer

• 2 months later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7/26

Riverfront Plaza Bridge to Be Named for Mike Peters

By MaryEllen Fillo on July 10, 2011 8:51 PM {sodEmoji.|} Permalink {sodEmoji.|} Comments (3)

Late Hartford mayor Mike Peters would have laughed long and hard at the idea of being being walked all over. But sure as heck he deserves a concrete honor as one of Hartford's greatest cheerleaders. Peters will be honored on July 26 when the Capital City Economic Development Authority dedicates the bridge connecting Riverfront Plaza and the CT Science Center with the CT Convention Center to the late mayor, naming it the "Mayor Mike Peters Bridge." Governor Dannel Malloy and Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra are expecting to attend the dedication that begins at 1 p.m.

• 10 months later...

I'm using this thread even though it might not be the best one...

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news24090.html

They are finally opening the green roof and green plaza!!!

Also, this bridge is now Open and has giant pots with trees in them on it. I think it looks nice from the highway but I have yet to walk across it.

That science center plaza added to mortenson plaza and the bridge to the CC and its Plazas will be so Nice

Actually the roof has been open a few years, I think they meant for the 2012 season. I walked across the bridge, it looks very nice (has a nice marble bench in honor of mayor Mike). Wondering why they never did the gardens on the plaza level by the walkway to the river, just has empty beds with bags of rocks in them......

how is the science center doing by the way, is attendance at or above forecasts? (and the CCC and Marriott for that matter)?

I think the article refers to the Plaza.

I have been in the actual rooftop myself, but apparently there has a donation of 25000 for a water feature and stuff that can only be the plaza.

I searched for anual reports of the science center and convention center not terribly long ago. no info.

convention center seems to be consistant even during the recession, but hopefully will do better now as the econemy loosens. I do know that the hotel room nights are higher than expected upon innitial opening.

Archived