CanalSide

JT Boy

FINALLY looks like construction has started. I pass CanaSide everyday on the way home, and yesterday it finally started looking like a construction site. There were maybe 8 or so huge earth movers out there working, and instead of weeds and grass, it was that orange clay everywhere. I assume they will be building the roads first since people that buy the single family home lots will be having their houses built themselves. Then later the townhomes and condos come.

FINALLY looks like construction has started. I pass CanaSide everyday on the way home, and yesterday it finally started looking like a construction site. There were maybe 8 or so huge earth movers out there working, and instead of weeds and grass, it was that orange clay everywhere. I assume they will be building the roads first since people that buy the single family home lots will be having their houses built themselves. Then later the townhomes and condos come.

That's great news and music to my ears :whistling: . Can't wait to drive downtown and check it out

• 2 weeks later...

As I was driving beside CanalSide on my way to work this morning, I noticed that something looked different. I took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what it was, but that big, ugly pedestrian bridge was gone. It was cut into pieces and laying off the side of the road. More signs of progress. And the whole area looks like a big construction zone now.

As I was driving beside CanalSide on my way to work this morning, I noticed that something looked different. I took me a few seconds to figure out exactly what it was, but that big, ugly pedestrian bridge was gone. It was cut into pieces and laying off the side of the road. More signs of progress. And the whole area looks like a big construction zone now.

That's awesome; I hadn't noticed the pedestrian bridge was gone, but "good riddance". It looks like they are well under way in grading the roads right now. It will be time for a photoshoot soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think the most recent renderings have been posted here, so here they are:

canalside_st_condos.jpg

taylor_st_condos.jpg

william_st_flats.jpg

ellis_st_condos.jpg

taylor_st_studio_apts.jpg

hampton_st_loft_apts.jpg

taylor_st_townhomes.jpg

So what do you guys think? I really dig the variation between the different segments of the project; I like the Taylor St. condos and townhomes the best.

I love the different blend of townhomes and condos. This project is going to be really awesome especially after taking more than 10yrs to develop something on the old CCi property. This will definetly densify the area :thumbsup: Is this the 1st phase or is this everything???

As far as I can tell, the CanalSide project and the Bull Street project, the two biggest residential projects downtown, are the only ones that have experienced setbacks

Bull Street and Canal Side are pretty big projects. Those particular two combine are extremely dense residential projects. Nice to see the Canal Side finally lift off the ground and Bull Street will come to life I guess after the legal battle is over.

Edited by 803metlife

These things tend to look better when they are done. I didnt like the renderings for the Bookends in Greenville. But I like the building now Once they are built and there is some green and other things on the balconies, and trees around, etc. it really makes the place look better.