Mec Dec Celebration

CharlotteDave

Just thought I'd mention that this years Mec Dec celebration has been moved back uptown, which I'm pretty sure is due to the construction going on near the Captain Jack statue. They're also planning some sort of liberty walk, but the details haven't been announced yet. On a somewhat related note, the Matheson Bridge Mural seems to be coming along well. Check out their facebook page Matheson Bridge Mural on Facebook . The May 20th Society is also on facebook now May 20th Society .

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd mention that this years Mec Dec celebration has been moved back uptown, which I'm pretty sure is due to the construction going on near the Captain Jack statue. They're also planning some sort of liberty walk, but the details haven't been announced yet. On a somewhat related note, the Madison Bridge Mural seems to be coming along well. Check out their facebook page Madison Bridge Mural on Facebook . The May 20th Society is also on facebook now May 20th Society .

^"Matheson" Bridge...

Just thought I'd mention that this years Mec Dec celebration has been moved back uptown, which I'm pretty sure is due to the construction going on near the Captain Jack statue. They're also planning some sort of liberty walk, but the details haven't been announced yet. On a somewhat related note, the Matheson Bridge Mural seems to be coming along well. Check out their facebook page Matheson Bridge Mural on Facebook . The May 20th Society is also on facebook now May 20th Society .

Will Puckett is the muralist for the Mathenson Bridge and his work can be seen up and down N. Davidson. We were fortunate to be able to commission him to paint the mural at the recyclery, an iconic piece that we hope can be illuminated nightly at some point in the near future.

Archived