The Westin

MTSUBlueraider86

The Westin is back on the table. According to discussions at the forum meet (see what you miss by not coming?) The Westin is again considering Nashville, and this time it would locate on KVB instead of the original lot where the Richards and Richards Building is. Hopefully the historical commission will not object to this new location as prudently as they rejected the last location.

More to come on this project.

BR

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Starwood want an additional property so close to the Sheraton?

BR

I don't think it would even matter. Even in Atlanta where you have a Westin (Peachtree Plaza), a W hotel, and a Sheraton not too far from each other downtown.

The more market penetration Starwood has in Nashville, the better for them, IMO.

• 6 months later...

Tony G just closed on the land next to the Encore for the site of his hotel rumored to be a Westin. I would say we will know something very soon. Tony probably would not buy it back for almost twice what he paid forit unless it was a go.

from the NBJ

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2011/12/13/giarratana-buys-back-land-for-sobro.html

• 2 months later...

This is great for Chattanooga for sure. As for Nashville getting a Westin; my prediction is that we wiil have an announcement soon. I dont think it is a secret that Tony is in talks with White Lodging and even if those talks do not work out, one of those two companies will build a Westin downtown. Its just a matter of time.

Archived