St. Louis based company trying to stop arena vote

ShowMeKC

St. Louis car rental company Enterprise is trying to stop KC from building the downtown arena.

One of the president (of enterprise) comments was that they want to lure NBA away from KC and to STL.

A ford company near downtown has already boycotted Enterprise. And City Hall is putting out the information that Enterprise wants NBA in STL and not KC...

One of the taxes that would be imposed is a car rental tax.

Enterprise just screwed themselves 16 days before the voting is to take place.

And they also wasted their 1 million dollars on anti arena ads.

Of course, it isn't St. Louis' fault. Just Enterprises.

Also, besides enterprise, a st. louis public relations company is joining the anti arena campaign.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enterprise sucks thanks for being nice about it the last time I looked at the KC forum they all looked like they wanted to wage WWIII on St. Louis. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it though I am pretty sure it will pass and the arena will be built.

Oh and there is also another company, some public relations group helping Enterprise.

Oh yea, Bill Laurie is also against the DT arena... The owner of the STL Blues who has been wanting NBA in STL since 2000.

All three are from STL though...

Like a guy on the KC site said, "these pricks are trying to hurt Kansas City, MO"

Can we have some people in STL help fight Enterprise and Bill Laurie?

They are all a bunch of freaking pricks. (sorry but i'm serious)

And what is funny is that TV stations, the Star and City Hall are all dropping bombshells and B-Slapping them. (i'm still trying to keep a non cursing reputation)

First a STL politician eliminated the possibility of the DT arena getting MODESTA funding and now 3 large STL figures are trying to kill the project alltogether.

Can all the STL forumers start a "Lousians against Enterprise" group or boycott Enterprise?

I've heard about this-this Is very upseting. Most of Kansas Citian Metro residents want this arena. It seems to me we have a few greedy St. Louisans, with business power trying to use their economical power against KC.

P.S., we need alot of young voters August 5., because If to many old people vote, they may vote against it for fear of paying a few cents in taxes...

check this out: narena.jpg

Coalition Against Arena Taxes have received a cease and desist order from City Hall. (to end their false ads, which have been proven to lie)

Enterprise has been sued by an ex employee, he won 4 million dollars.

Enterprise has been forced to give customers back 2 million dollars.

They were sued because they had commited tax fraud and lied to customers so they could get more money.

Sports Commission has dropped Enterprise

Union Broadcasting has dropped Enterprise

A downtown law firm has dropped Enterprise

And the voting day is Aug 3rd, not 5th ;)

Enterprise is screwed...

Is that a real billboard? Where is it at? Yes, some in STL are trying to get the arena to fail because they want STL to have a NBA team. Have you ever watched the "midwestsportsreport", you will see just how long they've wanted an NBA team! What right does a company based in another city have to try to get projects to fail here?...

One of the former CAAT supporters, councilwoman McFadden Weaver has decided she will now support the arena after making comments that the arena taxes were going to be imposed on blacks. (trying to make it a racism issue)

So far Enterprise has been 1 of 2 contributors to the anti arena campaign, spending over $450,000.

The pro arena campaign has raised over $530,000 from many contributors (I think I counted over 10) including Sprint, Anshutz, AEG and the Kansas City Sports Commission.

Enterprise is going to bring in 200 employees from all over the state to man the polls,

They tried to rent 130 rooms in a hotel in KC but the person told them no and hung up immediately.

They are also planning to "push poll". Along with that they hired a polling company.

A rally was organized yesterday, one of the anti arena big guys (i believe it was Bill Haw) pushed one of the Kansas City forumer's girlfriends and tried to get up on the stage when the mayor was talking but KCPowercat stood in front of him to stop him. Also at the rally, the anti arena people were outnumbered by more than 2/3.

I didn't go but we had several members that went.

810, a local sports radio station has been running the anti arena ads but put disclaimers before and after the ads to show they don't support the anti arena people.

The Kings haven't been here since the 80s man...

Also, the Hawks just left St. Louis not too long ago. That is the reason why the owner of the St. Louis Blues and Enterprise are opposed to our arena, because they know it's very likely that we will get NBA and not NHL.

They are now going to spend more money on the campaign against the arena, about 250,000 dollars worth. Which puts their total to over $600,000 being spent to stop the arena. Also, an inside source said they are flying in workers from all over the midwest to help their campaign. Along with that, they have a financial stake in trying to get NBA to St. Louis.

Enterprise is nothing but a bunch of lying stinking corrupt beotchs who don't care about their own customers or their own state.

Why can't we get some help from you guys that live in St. Louis? Protest Enterprise there or something. These freaks are going down in a big way. They will lose over 600k in campaign money, over 15k to the city, they lost over 3 million in a case...

Enterprise won't be able to operate in the KC area any longer.

Voting day has come... Massive amounts of voters have turned out.

The Enterprise employees have been seen sleeping or sitting doing nothing. They are being paid 10$ an hour yet most of them aren't doing anything. Also, some of the Enterprise employees have no idea what is really going on.

Archived