Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenstyle

Puritan Hill "Condos"?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, all. I've had occasion to visit the Puritan Hill building on the southwest corner of College and Wealthy. I'm confused about the term "condo" in this instance; a client of mine is renting an apartment there while waiting for a house sale.

The building's hallways and general interior look as if someone planned to convert this oldish apartment building to condos, then ran out of funds immediately thereafter. It's all pretty sad and, well, peeling.

Can anyone shed light on the future of this building? And if they are named "condos", how was my client able to rent an apartment? I don't think it's a sublet.

Thanks, Wise Ones.

Hi, all. I've had occasion to visit the Puritan Hill building on the southwest corner of College and Wealthy. I'm confused about the term "condo" in this instance; a client of mine is renting an apartment there while waiting for a house sale.

The building's hallways and general interior look as if someone planned to convert this oldish apartment building to condos, then ran out of funds immediately thereafter. It's all pretty sad and, well, peeling.

Can anyone shed light on the future of this building? And if they are named "condos", how was my client able to rent an apartment? I don't think it's a sublet.

Thanks, Wise Ones.

Condo just means each individual unit is its own recorded property. That doesn't preclude anyone from renting the unit out. The hallway is usually referred to as "common elements," and are maintained by the association.

Thanks, Wise Ones.

I think that might have been one of the properties owned by Cannon & Co. before they overextended themselves (according to a friend) and went under. They are the company that renovated the condos on the south side of Lyon between Union and College. They also opened a hot dog & ice cream business called Moxies on the back of a house at Union and Michigan that just sits empty now.

They very well may have been in the process of converting the building to condos, but it just never happened before they ran out of funds.

The internet says that Mr. Cannon has moved to Houston. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-cannon/9/5b5/860