Ravaudage

spenser1058

Since we officially have a name for this project, I thought it might be time to open its own thread. Here's hoping Dan Bellows can stay out of Jail and OC, Maitland and WP can avoid squabbling and get this moving. It's a great location that's been woefully in need of a makeover for a very long time.

'Ravaudage' development someday may change look of Winter Park-Maitland area

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-orange-county-ravaudage-developmen20110522,0,4981931.story

• 1 year later...

• 2 months later...

Ale House now looks like a Ale House, complete with signage.  Very large ring on the corner of Lee and 17-92 (a fountain?)

Took a photo while waiting at the light this morning.  Not a great photo but gives you a peek.    Nothing else realy happening at the moment.

182693_10101813598006902_1663804277_n.jp

• Like 2

Ale House now looks like a Ale House, complete with signage.  Very large ring on the corner of Lee and 17-92 (a fountain?)

Took a photo while waiting at the light this morning.  Not a great photo but gives you a peek.    Nothing else realy happening at the moment.

182693_10101813598006902_1663804277_n.jp

What do you suppose the word Ravaudage means?

Do we have a recent site plan?   The last time I heard Bellows talk about the project, it was something he viewed could "mend" as you said and even possibly warrant an additional SunRail station on the north side of it.   He's one of the more urbanist developers in the area so i'd also be surprised if he'd settle for something too suburban in nature.

There was this plan from a long time ago:

Ravaudage_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e

Found this one from May 2012, which has the Ale House:

69979696.jpg

From this article

I hope they fill in the rest of those blocks.  It really is a great location, considering it's between Winter Park Village, the Enzian Theater, and Lake Lily. I could see a nice urban area forming all the way from downtown Winter Park to (the future) downtown Maitland.  I agree, a SunRail stop could definitely be warranted there.

post-25309-0-50081400-1360959618_thumb.j

It's not possible that they would leave the sign up, right? Tell me that is not possible.

I'd hope not lol

Its more likely they already had a leasing deal for the billboard already signed and they probably will let the deal run through instead of paying early termination fees.

From a business perspective it is really dumb. If they had just added a few cents to all the different items no one would ever have been the wiser to this. After all it is what everyone else does with their rent costs. Almost every retail place is paying their CAM fee which is between $5-10 a sqft in Orlando at most places. Some places even pay an additional percentage of sales on top of base rent and CAM. But never heard of any of these places pulling those charges out and having them directly paid like this on the bill. Not good press when you are opening.

I ate at a Red Robin at "The Pavilion at Port Orange" and had a similar experience. There was a fee added to the bill and even stranger was a placard in front of a tree outside the restaurant (looked like the ones that say who the tree is in memory of) - I wish I had a photo of it but it looked like it was a sign from the city saying that it wasn't their fault lol

I ate at a Red Robin at "The Pavilion at Port Orange" and had a similar experience. There was a fee added to the bill and even stranger was a placard in front of a tree outside the restaurant (looked like the ones that say who the tree is in memory of) - I wish I had a photo of it but it looked like it was a sign from the city saying that it wasn't their fault lol

Palm Beach investment firm buys Winter Park retail center for $27.7M

“The Center of Winter Park represented a rare opportunity to acquire an asset with tremendous real estate fundamentals where we believe a significant redevelopment opportunity will present itself,” said Brian Kosoy, President and CEO of Sterling Organization, in a prepared statement.  

Looks like Ravaudage could get a new neighbor at the SW corner of Lee and Orlando, connecting it to Winter Park Village.