Ravaudage

spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, DreS0803 said:

yes.  I'll take photos

2 hours ago, bqknight said:

TR Fire Grill closed. :( 

it's okay.  because they are leasing that 7 story apartment building now, or soon, and they have gone vertical on  a 4-5 story sister project just to the south and west behind Ale House.  They are chugging right along with this thing.

46 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I'm curious whether business picked up after Whole Foods  and The Rack were open for a while.

I thought it was a great restaurant. Whenever I went it wasn't packed but it wasn't dead either. Something else will pop up there I guess. It's the hot area to be in right now. 

I think Tony Roma's is a hit or miss company in an industry that has lots of challenges (millennials seem to be meh about the fern bars that boomers flocked to in the '80's -remember in St Elmo's Fire when the Brat Packers grew up at the end and switched to brunch at Bennigan's?) and continued through Gen X and then blew up during the Great Recession. 

I don't think Ravaudage is the challenge there.

Scott Joseph has been following their travails for a few years.

Edited by spenser1058

On 3/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, spenser1058 said:

I think Tony Roma's is a hit or miss company in an industry that has lots of challenges (millennials seem to be meh about the fern bars that boomers flocked to in the '80's -remember in St Elmo's Fire when the Brat Packers grew up at the end and switched to brunch at Bennigan's?) and continued through Gen X and then blew up during the Great Recession. 

I don't think Ravaudage is the challenge there.

Scott Joseph has been following their travails for a few years.

I think there is also a lot of competition in the area. I know Park Ave restaurants are feeling the squeeze. In the last couple years, more than a dozen restaurants have popped up between here and Orange Ave along 17-92. Most of them either fast casual - that millennials drawn to - or direct upscale casual competitors.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Maybe Public Storage is the new 7-Eleven!

well, that would be a good investment since it will be adjacent to at least 2-3 apartment buildings with hundreds of potential customers...ya know...

The hotel.  I saw the billboard up about two weeks back but didn't snap a picture b/c...it's a billboard...

On 2/15/2013 at 2:16 PM, prahaboheme said:

The loose translation is "Mending."  I assume they are refering to the no man's land between Maitland and Winter Park where this is located. Unfortunately, this once ambitious project has turned into a glorified suburban strip mall.

It occurred to me earlier this afternoon that I had no idea what, if anything, Ravaudage meant. So I Googled it.

The first meaning I came across was what you said above... mending. Then I looked to see if there were anymore.

Turns out the are a few more translations...

One of them is "stopgap/makeshift solution". Not a particularly flattering description for a commercial development.

Looking further down the page, it got worse. 

Some more terms I found that were synonymous with ravaudage are: moaning; bellyaching; blather; drivel; gossip; balderdash; idle chit-chat; idle gossip; idle talk; wind; mindless ranting; jive

http://m.interglot.com/fr/en/?q=ravaudage

Strange. I wonder if developers (and pharma companies) have committees who just get together to come up with these strange names and choose them based on the way they sound and nothing more.

Edited by JFW657
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

It occurred to me earlier this afternoon that I had no idea what, if anything, Ravaudage meant. So I Googled it.

The first meaning I came across was what you said above... mending. Then I looked to see if there were anymore.

Turns out the are a few more translations...

One of them is "stopgap/makeshift solution". Not a particularly flattering description for a commercial development.

Looking further down the page, it got worse. 

Some more terms I found that were synonymous with ravaudage are: moaning; bellyaching; blather; drivel; gossip; balderdash; idle chit-chat; idle gossip; idle talk; wind; mindless ranting; jive

http://m.interglot.com/fr/en/?q=ravaudage

Strange. I wonder if developers (and pharma companies) have committees who just get together to come up with these strange names and choose them based on the way they sound and nothing more.

Captain Jack sayeth:  Me likey the sound of Ravaudage.  It has a pleasant ring to it!

p400057-av-03-zoom.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little update:  After having a clear lot for several months, the Hilton Garden site seems to be under construction.  They put up a  construction  fence and wrap with images of the hotel (four floors).  There's more equipment on site and dirt is being turned.

Regarding sites  on  the north and east of the original 7 story apartments:  The site north of that building was turned into a parking lot.  It's paved with landscaped islands.  East the apartments does have some concrete drainage pipes  but no signs of imminent construction.  The sign for Spring Hill Suites by Marriott on  17-92 is still there.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1