Ravaudage

spenser1058

Palm Beach investment firm buys Winter Park retail center for $27.7M

Looks like Ravaudage could get a new neighbor at the SW corner of Lee and Orlando, connecting it to Winter Park Village.

Wow, that's great news! Then you also have the new retail center where Ruth's Chris is moving (and rumored Trader Joe's) right down the street at the end of Morse next to Hillstone. New apartments also next to Winter Park Village. This area is booming!!

• 1 month later...

Drove by last night after seeing a film at the Enzian (caught the doc "I Am Divine" as part of the Florida Film Festival...worth checking out if you're a Divine and/or John Waters fan) and the parking at the Ale House was packed. I'm assuming the crowd was there for the basketball game, but I was surprised it was big of a crowd as it was.

Also, a new restaurant going in near the Italio restaurant, plus a WaWa coming soon to the former motel site between Flemings and CVS.

the parking at the Ale House was packed. I'm assuming the crowd was there for the basketball game, but I was surprised it was big of a crowd as it was.

I was there at 5:30 the Thursday before Easter and the place was packed as well.  They had about 20 people waiting to get in when I left.  Who would have guessed the place would be such a draw.  It is a smart design with how flexible they can be with the space allowing for open air seating or by lowering the windows it can be kept warm in colder weather.

It's the closest one to downtown--- a draw, I'm sure.

I was there at 5:30 the Thursday before Easter and the place was packed as well.  They had about 20 people waiting to get in when I left.  Who would have guessed the place would be such a draw.  It is a smart design with how flexible they can be with the space allowing for open air seating or by lowering the windows it can be kept warm in colder weather.

Not entirely surprised since, as others have said, you have to venture sort of far from there to get to another Ale House or other chain sports bar.  For myself, it's become a good in-between meetup spot for me (downtown) and friends in Casselberry.  

I try to avoid chains, but wouldn't completely mind a good one like Ale House in Downtown South.  Applebee's doesn't really cut it.  We do have Johnny's Fillin Station so I can't complain too much.   

FLClarkKent, I was at that screening too!  The last at the FFF, but I believe I Am Divine will play at Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival later this week.

It was a good doc! Good crowd, too.

Back to the Ale House/Ravaudage - They've gotta take down that billboard that's on the property. What an eyesore.

• 6 months later...

So, I am pretty sure this if for Ravaudage based on earlier articles. It mentions Lee Road and 17-92. If this is the case, Whole Foods is a pretty nice tenant to have for this overall project.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/10/exclusive-winter-park-set-to-consider.html?page=all

It is across the street. Not a surprise people don't want to work with Dan Bellows.

The older plaza on the ssouthwest corner with the LA Fitness? I don't venture that area too often.

I am probably wrong but I think the old office plaza that used to be Northrup I think. Basically it sounds like instead of being a 3 way light the road at Lee would continue into the plaza. Will miss my constant green straight light on 17-92.

The Sentinel article said it was going to be the Dodge dealership that would be redeveloped.

"The Dodge dealership has been in play for a while. It's great to see that there will be some redevelopment on that in the near future."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-winter-park-whole-foods-20131017,0,1108483.story

More excited that possibly Target might be going in there. Maitland is a wasteland for anything like that. Have to go to 15-20 mins in one direction or another to get to one.

Totally agree!! That is exactly what I got excited about after reading the article. Winter Park needs a Super Target!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...