Ravaudage

spenser1058

12 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Dexter's has been around for a long time. I recall back in the early 90's I lived across the street from some gal who worked there.

The WP one is 35 years old this year. It started in an old laundromat on Fairbanks with lots of multi-colored tile.

• Like 1

I was a regular in the laundromat days when Dexter was still around. John Washburn of Washburn Imports and the Imperial was a bartender along with Larry and Tigger (RIP). Became a regular at the TP location in the days of Hoffmiester… good times, or so I've been told.

They survived a major move once, hopefully they will be fine again.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, cwetteland said:

A little update:  After having a clear lot for several months, the Hilton Garden site seems to be under construction.  They put up a  construction  fence and wrap with images of the hotel (four floors).  There's more equipment on site and dirt is being turned.

Regarding sites  on  the north and east of the original 7 story apartments:  The site north of that building was turned into a parking lot.  It's paved with landscaped islands.  East the apartments does have some concrete drainage pipes  but no signs of imminent construction.  The sign for Spring Hill Suites by Marriott on  17-92 is still there.  

Oh, yeah.  Very exciting.  This tract was so barren for so long.  It had the infamous billboard that was covered up by palm trees (on purpose) along 17/92.  Now, ever since the hotel closed down where Fox bar was, now, the Hilton Garden Inn will give hotel rooms to that area, and will help the development by more diverse with development.  If Springhill Suites also pushes through, then that will be an added huge development boost.  Hilton Garden Inn is building it's first floor presently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

It had the infamous billboard that was covered up by palm trees (on purpose) along 17/92.  

Wow!  I didn't even notice that, but I just pulled it up on street view.  I knew it was a billboard there, but I didn't realized that back when it was a Subaru dealership that it someone had put right sized palm trees there.

Another side note:  This used to be a little Winter Park Auto Mile, but with Winter Park Dodge gone with the the Chrysler Bankruptcy and the loss of the Subaru dealership, and now the rumored moving of the Ford dealership, that'll leave just Holler Hyundai there.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, codypet said:

Wow!  I didn't even notice that, but I just pulled it up on street view.  I knew it was a billboard there, but I didn't realized that back when it was a Subaru dealership that it someone had put right sized palm trees there.

Another side note:  This used to be a little Winter Park Auto Mile, but with Winter Park Dodge gone with the the Chrysler Bankruptcy and the loss of the Subaru dealership, and now the rumored moving of the Ford dealership, that'll leave just Holler Hyundai there.

If Peacock Ford is in fact moving, they’re certainly taking their time about it. The Subaru dealership, once upon a time, was Bill Bryan FIAT. I spent lots of time there in the service department with my 1979 Spider. (As we know, FIAT stands for Fix It Again, Tony...)

Now that Ford has abandoned the car business and I will no longer need to service my car there, I welcome Peacock’s move (car dealerships are hardly aesthetically pleasing). 

The good news is I’m getting a Honda next time so I can get my car serviced right on Fairbanks (thanks, Holler!), which is even closer.

Edited by spenser1058

38 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

If Peacock Ford is in fact moving, they’re certainly taking their time about it. The Subaru dealership, once upon a time, was Bill Bryan FIAT. I spent lots of time there in the service department with my 1979 Spider. (As we know, FIAT stands for Fix It Again, Tony...)

Now that Ford has abandoned the car business and I will no longer need to service my car there, I welcome Peacock’s move (car dealerships are hardly aesthetically pleasing). 

The good news is I’m getting a Honda next time so I can get my car serviced right on Fairbanks (thanks, Holler!), which is even closer.

Do you remember when Bodies by Mahmood was getting builtout and we got a glimpse of the old Bill Bryan Fiat signs under the awning in North Quarter?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Dexter’s Winter Park becomes a “New Standard” as it moves to Ravaudage (hmmmm):

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/4859-dexter-s-winter-park-rebranding-with-new-address

From Scott J

That is one heck of a talented kitchen team he has assembled. Food at all of the Dexter's has deteriorated over the years so I'm glad to see the TP location announce a rededication to their food and now this commitment from the WP location. Of course there are those folks that want the same menu items they've been eating for the past 20 years and hope they never change. I suspect those folks will be disappointed in the new Dexter's much as J. Morgan complained about the new Wally's.

I do wonder if the move to Ravaudage will be good, but it does open better access to Maitland and improve parking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, codypet said:

Looks like we have an answer on the Ford Dealership.  I was riding Sunrail Friday when I noticed the showroom was demo'd and there was a lot of work going on where the showroom was.  The service dept still stood so it appears they're doing a major reno in their current location.

• Like 1

Well, it’s well behind schedule but it looks like they’re following the original plan from what codypet posted:

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/retail-dining-developments/gs-peacock-automotive-plans-for-don-reid-ford-land-more-acquisitions-20170215-story.html?outputType=amp

From Growth Spotter

• 4 months later...

Scott J weighs in on Dexter’s New Standard and concludes there’s not much Dexter’s left, and that’s OK.

He likes the menu but finds the service meh (alas, the bane of Orlando dining except the Ravenous Pig where I’ve had great service on every visit so far).

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/51-american/5069-dexter-s-new-standard

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...