CATS buses about to get a little more gross

itsjustme3

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but if you're trying to improve bus route times and the negative perception you have amongst the people in BR (the same people you'll need to fund your buses when your budget runs out later the summer) then this isn't how you improve your operation.

This is a job for the cops, not a bus driver. This is a way for CATS to validate it's existence when they go begging to the voters and the city council for more money.

Runaway and homeless teens now welcome on CATS buses.

Note to CATS: if you're trying to increase your image among non-bus riders then this ISN'T the right way to go about it.

http://www.2theadvoc...e?cid=122485559

The teens aren't welcome on to the buses. But some very intelligent individuals out there realized that a lot of runaway teens turn to the bus system for transportation. So by training the bus drivers to recognize a distressed teen, they can provide some assistance, contact their families, authorities, or refer them to this "Oasis" organization for help. Everyone wins including the city, the bus system and the teen

This plan is about getting these teens help immediately, before they do something stupid, such as committing a small crime and someone realized one of the easiest ways to engage with these teens was with the public bus system. Get your facts straight......

[ADMIN EDIT]

Please do not stoop to the level of name calling, I don't care what the user you're replying to said...name calling is not tolerated on this site.

The teens aren't welcome on to the buses. But some very intelligent individuals out there realized that a lot of runaway teens turn to the bus system for transportation. So by training the bus drivers to recognize a distressed teen, they can provide some assistance, contact their families, authorities, or refer them to this "Oasis" organization for help. Everyone wins including the city, the bus system and the teen

This plan is about getting these teens help immediately, before they do something stupid, such as committing a small crime and someone realized one of the easiest ways to engage with these teens was with the public bus system. Get your facts straight......

[ADMIN EDIT]

Please do not stoop to the level of name calling, I don't care what the user you're replying to said...name calling is not tolerated on this site.

Wrong. This is about CATS leaching onto any excuse they can get ahold of in order to justify their need for more money. So what better way than by acting as a nanny. If I'm a bus rider I want my driver driving the bus and that's it. All they are "trained" to do is to call a cop. Next thing you know CATS will be screaming "don't cut our funding or runaways will be hurt!". The idea that a bus driver is going to prevent a runaway teen from doing something dumb (besides running away and seeking safety on a bus!) is funny. So drivers are going to be interrogating riders under the age of 18? Doubtful. Or a teenager is going to run up to a bus driver and say "help me sir, show me the way!" is even MORE doubtful. This is feel goodie nonsense.

Wrong. This is about CATS leaching onto any excuse they can get ahold of in order to justify their need for more money. So what better way than by acting as a nanny. If I'm a bus rider I want my driver driving the bus and that's it. All they are "trained" to do is to call a cop. Next thing you know CATS will be screaming "don't cut our funding or runaways will be hurt!". The idea that a bus driver is going to prevent a runaway teen from doing something dumb (besides running away and seeking safety on a bus!) is funny. So drivers are going to be interrogating riders under the age of 18? Doubtful. Or a teenager is going to run up to a bus driver and say "help me sir, show me the way!" is even MORE doubtful. This is feel goodie nonsense.

I find it doubtful that CATS will use a non-profit organization as leverage to prevent funding cuts and to seek more funds. God forbid someone propose a new an innovative way to help people in distress. Our current system doesn't seem to be working, so why not try something new?

It's amazing, anything positive that someone proposes in this city, you attack. The only thing you seem to be in support of are single family developments in livingston and ascension parishes.

I find it doubtful that CATS will use a non-profit organization as leverage to prevent funding cuts and to seek more funds. God forbid someone propose a new an innovative way to help people in distress. Our current system doesn't seem to be working, so why not try something new?

You don't think CATS is getting funding for this?

You don't think CATS will use this as one of their valuable "services" they provide when CATS goes begging for money when their budget rubs out this year?

They will

You don't think CATS is getting funding for this?

You don't think CATS will use this as one of their valuable "services" they provide when CATS goes begging for money when their budget rubs out this year?

They will

Read the link you posted from the Advocate. Please explain to me what funds CATS is receiving to perform these services....

Funny line from the Advocate "It seems you can find everything on a bus in Baton Rouge except a paying rider".

I googled it. Go ahead and do some research and you'll find it too.

I don't think the comments posted by readers below articles actually qualify as a "line from the Advocate". dontknow.gif

Funny line from the Advocate "It seems you can find everything on a bus in Baton Rouge except a paying rider".

I googled it. Go ahead and do some research and you'll find it too.

You didn't answer my question. Please explain to me how CATS is receiving public funds to participate in this program?

If you're going to "troll" the forum, I am going to "call you out"....so....answer my question please and defend your claims.

You didn't answer my question. Please explain to me how CATS is receiving public funds to participate in this program?

If you're going to "troll" the forum, I am going to "call you out"....so....answer my question please and defend your claims.

You call me a troll and then expect me to help you? No. You can google it and find it yourself. It's not hard.

Archived