Drinking those cool Krispy Kremes

monsoon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I've tried the orignal Krispy Kreme Glazed Flavor. Its not as sweet as the doughnuts and it doesn't taste quite like the doughnuts but its pretty good when they put all the whip cream on top. Maybe I'll try Raspberry next time. I also want to try the New York style cheesecake doughnuts that have the cheesecake filling and the creme cheese icing and graham craker crust on the top of the doughnut.:P

• 6 months later...

Yep.  This was not one of their better ideas and reflects how badly that company has stumbled.  Unfortunately it has thrown a big wrench in Winston's downtown revitalization plans.  I was there recently on a Saturday afternoon and it was pretty dead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KK did the typical thing most restaurant companies do after an IPO. Flush with cash, they tried to spend it all on new stores without developing a following for the product, and then tried to roll out a bunch of new products to increase sales without properly advertising the old ones or the new ones.

Word of mouth will only get you so far; somewhere along the line you need a real marketing plan.

For the sake of all of us who dig their doughnuts and the good people of Winston, I hope they get their act together, and soon.

Archived