401 Union

barakat

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that I had read that this proposed project was to be a rehab of the building that stands at this address.

I'll wait for a rendering before I get too excited, plus 70 rooms is not a tall building. How can he/she afford a prime CBD lot and only build 70 rooms? 5 stories@ 15 rooms a floor? Does not seem practical in the CBD for such a small project.

BR

I think that's the lot which leads to Printer's Alley (where the large mural is) and I was thinking it would include the small 12-ish story building on the corner and the lot itself. I may be wrong, but it would be a good thing to fill that little parking lot with something to scale and proper complementary style, be it period, or contemporary. It would be nice to see that former S&L building brought back to life. I've always like that little building.

It's definitely at least including the 12-story building at 4th & Union.. based on the ongoing controversy over this building.. check out this older article

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/print-edition/2011/01/14/board-aims-at-regions.html

I'm not sure about the lot next door leading to Printer's Alley.. I always assumed this lot was owned by the USPS.. but maybe not? (either way I hope they leave the mural intact!)

70 rooms, as has been mentioned in the NBJ, does seem a bit low for this building.. so that part confuses me.. unless it is just too narrow in the tower portion for more..

Windows could be added, probably. I think that wall would be a great space for vertical public art, kind of like the red metal shapes on the Doubletree.

I got my addresses mixed up. I can see putting a hotel in this building except for the fact there are no windows on the south side of the building. Hard to sell a room with no windows.

BR

Archived