Krispy Kreem donuts

Heard on the news that Krispy Kreem is doing great in the U.K. and will be expanding all over the place. The last I remember, they were actually in Harrods. I am glad to see that a local (almost) store is doing so well internationally. I remember one of the first ones that ever opened which was on West Trade Street, many years ago, and my dad bring home a dozen once a month as a special treat.

I just noticed that cream, as in Krispy Kreme, was misspelled in my title. So sorry!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully its international expansion will do better than its domestic expansion, everyone saw that as a failure and its stock tumbled. But really? Charlotte has one Krispy Kreme in Matthews? And 3 in the metro area. In its own hometown of Winston-Salem isn't much better with its limited locations. I say we need at least three locations in Charlotte. I know grocery stores carries them, but some people prefer fresh hot donuts.

Heard on the news that Krispy Kreem is doing great in the U.K. and will be expanding all over the place. The last I remember, they were actually in Harrods. I am glad to see that a local (almost) store is doing so well internationally. I remember one of the first ones that ever opened which was on West Trade Street, many years ago, and my dad bring home a dozen once a month as a special treat.

I just noticed that cream, as in Krispy Kreme, was misspelled in my title. So sorry!

There is one across the street from the hospital that I usually work at once or twice a year...in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Also saw them in Dubai. Too bad I can't say the same thing for here. Even though they are a local company, the nearest one to Charlotte is in Matthews.

Look for Krispy Kreme to open 4-6 stores in Charlotte sometime in the near future. Charlotte is a major gap in their market and they are aware of this.

When is the near future? I actually just wrote them in February and they said they had no plans for more Charlotte locations at that time.

http://www.markdoesclt.com/2011/02/krispy-kreme-to-clt-no-doughnuts-for.html

Look for Krispy Kreme to open 4-6 stores in Charlotte sometime in the near future. Charlotte is a major gap in their market and they are aware of this.

Let's hope one of those locations will be in the Lake Norman area...a late night donut run shouldn't be more than a few miles!

When is the near future? I actually just wrote them in February and they said they had no plans for more Charlotte locations at that time.

http://www.markdoesc...ghnuts-for.html

I was at a talk James Morgan (CEO) gave a few months ago and I asked him why there weren't any locations in Charlotte and he replied that he had asked his management team the same question and that they are working on it and would have news in the near future. I don't know what he meant by near future.

Hopefully its international expansion will do better than its domestic expansion, everyone saw that as a failure and its stock tumbled. But really? Charlotte has one Krispy Kreme in Matthews? And 3 in the metro area. In its own hometown of Winston-Salem isn't much better with its limited locations. I say we need at least three locations in Charlotte. I know grocery stores carries them, but some people prefer fresh hot donuts.

There was also some major accounting shenanigans going on at Krispy Kreme which inflated their earnings. I think it was a combination of that and the lack of soundness of their expansion plan that rendered the 2000s a lost decade for the company.

Looks like we need to hire more cops? I would like to have a KK in Cornelius. About the only thing you can't buy around here are fresh donuts. I don't really eat them, but I would like to see others eating them.

I lived in Charlotte when Krispy Kreme on Independance and Hawthorn was still there. When the wind was right the aroma was intoxicating. We have one here in Smyrna, TN, but I don't think they actually make them. When they started expanding here, one of the stores became the actual bakery and all donuts came from there. To bad. Nothing like the smell of "Hot Donuts".

The Krispy Kreme at Hawthorn & Independence was not a drive thru. I moved there in 1984 & it and the Booterie & Bloomery both looked like they had been there a very long time. The Independence widening and sinking took both out. I think there could have been plenty of room for a KK and the housing. I really thought of it as an integral part of the neighborhood. Kind of like the Dairy Queen on Central. Please tell me it is still there????????

I lived in Charlotte when Krispy Kreme on Independance and Hawthorn was still there. When the wind was right the aroma was intoxicating. We have one here in Smyrna, TN, but I don't think they actually make them. When they started expanding here, one of the stores became the actual bakery and all donuts came from there. To bad. Nothing like the smell of "Hot Donuts".

I remember the nights before DWIs were taken so seriously. Krispy Kreme on Independence was a favorite place to pull in and try to sober up before going home and having my dad kick my a.. for staying out so late and getting drunk. As much as I loved those fresh doughnuts, I remember how sick I felt after eating four of them. The smell was heavenly (grease, flour and sugar cooking together.

I remember the nights before DWIs were taken so seriously. Krispy Kreme on Independence was a favorite place to pull in and try to sober up before going home and having my dad kick my a.. for staying out so late and getting drunk. As much as I loved those fresh doughnuts, I remember how sick I felt after eating four of them. The smell was heavenly (grease, flour and sugar cooking together.

Really? You're reminiscing about driving drunk?

Yes. And actually it was pretty discusting how teenagers did it in such numbers back in the old days. I am not happy that I did that, only happy that I didn't get killed or kill somebody else. Heck, we used to drive around and stop at places like BBQ King, Town and Country, and other drive ins with a case of beer in the front seat between drive and passenger. Of course, there were lots less people in Charlotte then and the streets weren't as busy. But I refuse to let go of the fond memories because they also include times when I would pick up drunk girls. If they were lucky, I felt generous, and they weren't ugly, they might get to go into KK for a doughnut and a cup of coffee.

I cannot believe that an urban center like Charlotte doesn't have 50 donut shops throughout the area. You can't drive 50 feet in Buffalo without running into a Tim Horton's! In other much smaller towns in Upstate NY there are Dunkin' Donuts, too. This area needs some Krispy Kremes!!!!!!

I cannot believe that an urban center like Charlotte doesn't have 50 donut shops throughout the area. You can't drive 50 feet in Buffalo without running into a Tim Horton's! In other much smaller towns in Upstate NY there are Dunkin' Donuts, too. This area needs some Krispy Kremes!!!!!!

Agreed. But I believe Tim Horton's would make a killing if it ever decided to open up shop in Charlotte. Here's to hoping!!!

Archived