$1.4M mixed-use project to bring 14,380-sq ft of new development to Michigan Ave

RustTown

Not the biggest project being proposed in the city, obviously, but probably one of the more symbolic ones. This is the first new construction/infill of its kind (multi-story, multi-unit) east of Sparrow Hospital on the Avenue:

1621-Rendering-052111.jpg

$1.4M mixed-use project to bring 14,380-sq ft of new development to Michigan Ave

Capital Gains, 5/25/2011

The corner of Michigan Avenue and Marshall Street in Lansing is about to get a long-awaited facelift.

“There hasn’t really been any new development on Michigan Ave on the east side outside of Sparrow,” says developer Scott Gillespie of The Gillespie Company of his proposed $1.4 million mixed used project. “This will be the first in many, many years I’m excited to be a part of it.”

The finished product will be a 14,380 square foot, three-story building featuring 12 to 13 apartments and commercial space on the first floor.

Gillespie plans to have to the project completed by the first quarter of 2012.

“I’m excited to change the landscape on the area,” says Gillespie. “And my hope is that it will spur more development on Michigan Avenue.”

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived