How do you think the new i 95 parcels will pan out?

cataldo

I just read this article in projo today and thought about the style of development that will fill the new land. My biggest fear is that large swathes will be bought up by a limited ammount of people who will embrace more of a suburban style of building right in downtown. This is unfortunate. Then again, this is just my speculation because there isnt too much info yet. This is the article http://www.projo.com/news/content/VICTORY_FINISHING_SALE_06-09-11_U8OGJQT_v41.32d4c60.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read this article in projo today and thought about the style of development that will fill the new land. My biggest fear is that large swathes will be bought up by a limited ammount of people who will embrace more of a suburban style of building right in downtown. This is unfortunate. Then again, this is just my speculation because there isnt too much info yet. This is the article http://www.projo.com/news/content/VICTORY_FINISHING_SALE_06-09-11_U8OGJQT_v41.32d4c60.html

I didn't really see anything that suggested a suburban-style. Perhaps I missed something?

I didn't really see anything that suggested a suburban-style. Perhaps I missed something?

i get the feeling from the 7.5 acres bought and the 750,000 square feet. i did a calculation of 750000/40000 and it comes out to roughly 18 acres worth of office space. so those "acres" stacked on top of eachother minus the parking garage and whatever green space they have will be the buildings. we wont know anything until a specific plan is written up. i just hope the keep the buildings up to the sidewalk and not set way back. This should be a new community, not an office park

i get the feeling from the 7.5 acres bought and the 750,000 square feet. i did a calculation of 750000/40000 and it comes out to roughly 18 acres worth of office space. so those "acres" stacked on top of eachother minus the parking garage and whatever green space they have will be the buildings. we wont know anything until a specific plan is written up. i just hope the keep the buildings up to the sidewalk and not set way back. This should be a new community, not an office park

Even by those numbers though, the building would have to be three stories tall without including the parking garage, which would probably bump it up to at least five or six covering the whole span of the land. That doesn't sound so bad to me, considering what's currently there. Anyway, I don't mind if new offices take root in this area before housing does because I feel the demand for living in this area has to be built up, and office construction at least gives the neighborhood an "up and coming" feel which helps promote the idea of living there.

Archived