Anyone still here?

scottroanoker

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happened to this Roanoke forum? I've never posted here but I used to always read the topics and posts years before, but now it seems pretty much dead. Anyone still around?

Don't know, Scott. It just seems everyone has stopped reading the Roanoke forum and contributing to it.

Maybe vdogg, who is the moderator, has an explanation of why the Roanoke pages are so empty.

Personally, I think it's a trend. Fewer and fewer people are actiive on UrbanPlanet. The Hampton Roads forums and Richmond, too, are nowhere near as busy as they used to be. Maybe it's the proliferation of blogs and social networking.

• 1 month later...

Don't know, Scott. It just seems everyone has stopped reading the Roanoke forum and contributing to it.

Maybe vdogg, who is the moderator, has an explanation of why the Roanoke pages are so empty.

Personally, I think it's a trend. Fewer and fewer people are actiive on UrbanPlanet. The Hampton Roads forums and Richmond, too, are nowhere near as busy as they used to be. Maybe it's the proliferation of blogs and social networking.

Way late response I know, but it seems like there are still some people here and lots of views, so maybe we can get it started up again. Would love to see this forum back the way it once was.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the slowness of the forum is a direct result of the bad economy. Back in the days when the site first started the economy was roaring and there were tons of projects coming down the pike. More projects means more to discuss. Everything really ground to a halt development wise in recent years and I really don't expect to see activity on the site pick up again until the economy improves.

Archived