POLL - Hartford Proposals

Which downtown Hartford proposal has a real chance?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which downtown Hartford proposal has a real chance? h/t hartfordbusiness.com

• Filling Front Street
    • Redoing I-84 Viaduct
    • Doing iQuilt Plan
    • Building AI Tech Center
    • All are doable
    • None are plausible

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all are doable but the first ones to happen I think will be iQuilt and filling Front Street, which will kind of go hand in hand. iQuilt will extend to Prospect St. side of Front Street where phase 2 is planned and would make the area more attractive and hopefully add some impetus to get phase 1 leased out and phase 2 planned. The AI Tech Center is a private development so it's hard to say how it will proceed and I think I 84 viaduct gets redone at some point but that it will be the last thing on this list to be done. I optimistically hope that iQuilt will be done and Front St. phase 2 including housing will be done by the time the I 84 viaduct thing even really gets started.

I find it hilarious that the top response is all are doable followed by none are plausible in the number 2 spot on the Hartford Business Journal poll. At least the positive is winning today! I think iQuilt is pretty much a lock. It's really just a park and streetscape project that has federal funding largely in place already. There is no chance whatsoever that none of them would get done. Front St. will sign some leases and iQuilt will be built.

I find it hilarious that the top response is all are doable followed by none are plausible in the number 2 spot on the Hartford Business Journal poll. At least the positive is winning today!

I guess it's either black or white.

I would say the most volatile is AI. It could fall through overnight but could also be the first to be completed.

I believe Front Street will eventually fill up.

The other 2 (I-84 and IQUILT) are like templates for the city. They are bigger visions that involve many smaller projects with the overall scope not really defined. Ultimately, I see these projects overlapping.

I guess it's either black or white.

I would say the most volatile is AI. It could fall through overnight but could also be the first to be completed.

I believe Front Street will eventually fill up.

The other 2 (I-84 and IQUILT) are like templates for the city. They are bigger visions that involve many smaller projects with the overall scope not really defined. Ultimately, I see these projects overlapping.

I think AI is pretty much dead in the water.

I think AI is pretty AI is much dead in the water.

I would agree if it was a developer proposed project but I think there is still some hope because it is an owner proposed development project that will serve as a new corporate headquarters for the company that proposed it. They have opened up a satellite office at 100 Pearl and are heavily involved with institutional clients like the MDC and City of Hartford. It seems like they still intend to get it built and the business is stable.

I would agree if it was a developer proposed project but I think there is still some hope because it is an owner proposed development project that will serve as a new corporate headquarters for the company that proposed it. They have opened up a satellite office at 100 Pearl and are heavily involved with institutional clients like the MDC and City of Hartford. It seems like they still intend to get it built and the business is stable.

All they need is one or two decent sized tenants. And with their "green" angle, I'm surprised no one has stepped forward. It just shouldn't be that hard to find a couple of 70 employee businesses to commit to an elite address with a unique green selling point.

Archived