Perimeter Mall

jeb1974

I haven't been to Atlanta in almost 6 years and have seen updates recently on Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. Is there much activity these days at Perimeter Mall? Is it often busy or not?

Recently in the Atlanta Business Chronicle a story indicated that about 10% of Perimeter Mall's leaseable space is to be replaced by new tenants.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on a Saturday a few months ago. It was really busy, and there are a lot of new stores opening. It seems to be doing very well, but not of that of Lenox. I think that the entire mall needs to be renovated though. The flooring upstairs is quite old and bad looking. They should match it with the flooring on level 1 of the main mall.

• 1 month later...

Some of the stores at Lenox Square have also opened at Perimeter Mall:

Stuart Weiztman

Michael Kors

Betsey Johnson

True Religion

Urban Outfitters

And then other stores recently added include:

Z Gallery

Champs Sports

Disney Store ( the first concept of its kind in the U.S.)

Victoria's Secret/Pink Flagship Store

XXI Forever

Perimeter is doing very well, but I would love to see the inside gutted and go through a major renovation. Dunwoody like Buckhead has some of the most affluent residents in the Atlanta area, according to the zip codes that were researched that serve the malls service area.

Some say that eventually Perimeter will possibly see stores come in like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany & Co. and other luxury boutiques.

• 4 months later...

Is this 'America's Fastest Replacement of a Vacant Mall Anchor Space Ever'?

On the contrary, I am certain that Von Maur and GGP had already worked things out before any of us ever heard Bloomingdale's was going to close, therefore meaning that this space wouldn't really qualify as 'vacant.'

We all knew Von Maur was looking to open a couple more locations in the Atlanta area, and I'm sure GGP knew that as well - so the minute they learned Bloomingdale's was closing, they asked Von Maur if they were interested in replacing it.

This location is much larger than the store at North Point, though, so I wonder if they're going to fill the whole thing or subdivide it. Also, I wonder if they're going to give it a complete renovation like they did at North Point. I have a hunch they will.

Honestly, I hope that they won't renovate it either. The store looks great from the inside (the exterior's pretty old, though). I was hoping they would just do an exterior renovation, not an interior one. If they do both and think the store is too large, they could always lease some space back to the mall for other retailers and make the mall corridor a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone has been to the Bloomingdale's clearance sale? Do they have good skincare deals or what are they doing with that? Are they discounted at all?

I'll hopefully get to go at the end of February. The brands I use are The Art of Shaving, Clinique, Kiehl's, and Philosophy. Thanks if anyone finds out for me!

• 1 month later...

I am really heart-broken to see this store close. I went on Saturday and it was sad to see the beautiful store with all of those store closing signs. They had some good deals on things you couldn't usually get on sale anywhere, such as Burberry, etc. They had some Armani sunglasses for 40% off, very tempting, but I found some I liked better elsewhere. I remember everyone freaking out over the Dillard's at SouthPark being destroyed in favor for their newer cookie cutter look. I never understood. Well, this is my Dillard's SouthPark. I can't bear to see Von Maur ruin this store. They are going to completely renovate the outside I'm sure to their generic brick style exterior and strip the interior of it's uniqueness and anything contemporary down to their plain, boring, extremely traditional stores and fixtures. I would rather Belk come. At least they wouldn't renovate. Anyone who loves this store would agree, I'm certain. I was kind of happy with them going and Northpoint, but it's horrible for it to be replacing a much better, much much more upscale store. Just too disappointing. I must say, however that the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area is much nicer than the Buckhead area. Of course overall Buckhead is nicer and better, but the SS/Perimeter area doesn't have anything too crappy looking, like Buckhead does from Rooms to Go to Buckhead Atlanta, and Roswell road as well. I really couldn't see anything too bad at SS/Perimeter, unless you go about a mile or so south of Perimeter Center drive on Roswell Road. The Container Store at Perimeter is much better and more open than the Buckhead store. I am very sad to think that this is probably going to be the last time I will ever see that Bloomingdale's in person ever again. I really wished they could have done well there. I suppose the competition from Nordstrom and all of the nearby Buckhead stores is what did it. I just wish it went another way. :angry::cry:

Ct36, you were in the store on Saturday as well? Me too, and I came down from Columbia to see it! My friend who runs a big retail blog for Atlanta and I went down to Perimeter to check it out, sorry to see the 3rd level at Bloomingdales was closed off. Otherwise it was sad to see Bloomingdales close in general. My overall thought was great mall and I was able to get to get a lot of pictures by that fountain in front of Nordstrom!

• 8 months later...

Blah. Von Maur. Why should anyone care though? Nordstrom is way better. Von Maur's stores look outdated the minute they build them. Emerald green carpet, ugly tables and lamps...need I say more? Bloomingdale's has some different brands than Nordstrom, and also tends to have a wider variety of price ranges than Nordstrom. (Typically, the average Bloomingdale's sometimes sells less expensive to even more expensive things than Nordstrom does, however, I do think that Bloomingdale's at Lenox is lacking on the high end when compared to Nordstrom at Phipps), and also has more (but typically not better) sales than Nordstrom. So, there is more of a reason for them to have it than Von Maur. Von Maur is just kind of sandwiched awkwardly between Dillard's and Nordstrom, and I just don't like the store. I like Lord & Taylor much better, so it's a shame that they left Atlanta. Not that they had a store at Perimeter anyway.

• 1 month later...

Archived