Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double A

Visiting NWA from ATL for Labor Day

6 posts in this topic

and need some help planning a special event.

My girlfriend and I are coming to NWA for the Razorbacks first game and going to tour the area, we are considering relocation to the area.

While in town I want to propose and am trying to determine my plans to do so. If I can find charter company to accomodate it I'd really like to take a short helicopter tour of the area.

I need to know which areas are must visits, I thought about going to Lost Valley, Triple Falls, Whitaker Point, Natural Dam...etc. Not sure if I'd pop the question at one of those places but definitely would like to visit at least one.

Also, fine dining. I was planning to ask on a Sunday but it seems most upscale restuarants are closed on Sundays in NWA. Meiji appears to be the only one open.

Just looking for some feedback from locals so that I have my plan in place, I've been to NWA many times but its usually just for sporting events so I need some help.

and need some help planning a special event.

My girlfriend and I are coming to NWA for the Razorbacks first game and going to tour the area, we are considering relocation to the area.

While in town I want to propose and am trying to determine my plans to do so. If I can find charter company to accommodate it I'd really like to take a short helicopter tour of the area.

I need to know which areas are must visits, I thought about going to Lost Valley, Triple Falls, Whitaker Point, Natural Dam...etc. Not sure if I'd pop the question at one of those places but definitely would like to visit at least one.

Also, fine dining. I was planning to ask on a Sunday but it seems most upscale restaurants are closed on Sundays in NWA. Meiji appears to be the only one open.

Just looking for some feedback from locals so that I have my plan in place, I've been to NWA many times but its usually just for sporting events so I need some help.

This seemed more fitting for the coffeehouse subforum for NWA. Hope you don't mind me moving it. Most of the areas you mention visiting are outdoors. So I'm assuming that's what you're mainly looking for. First thing, you mentioned Lost Valley. Just wanted to point out that it had some flood damage from all the rain we had during the Spring. Last I heard it's still closed. But you'd think surely they'd have it open by the time period you're talking about. But I haven't heard any timetable on when it's supposed to re-open. Another sire I thought I'd mention is Hemmed In Hollow Falls. It's also located just off the Buffalo River. It's the tallest waterfall between the Rockies and Appalachians. Although it's best to visit it after a good rain. If it's particularly dry before your trip it might look like just a trickle.

As far as restaurants go, while some might have reduced hours it's my understanding that most restaurants are open on Sunday. Unless you're looking for a particular time period. Not sure what you might consider upscale. But I'll throw out a few others you might want to at least look into. Shogun in the north Fayetteville area. Bordinos down on Dickson St. And Hjem down on the Fayetteville Square. Then of course there's also probably other restaurants to consider outside of Fayetteville. I was going to mention James at the Mill in Johnson, but if I remember they might be closed on Sundays and the reason you brought up the subject. Should be some selections in Benton County as well in the northern part of the metro. Maybe someone else more familiar with that part of the metro can make a few suggestions. Anyway hope you enjoy your visit. :D

Mith, how about the Inn at Carnall Hall?

I've never been but only heard good things.

It's a restaurant/hotel on the UofA campus, supposedly a very nice little place.

Mith, how about the Inn at Carnall Hall?

I've never been but only heard good things.

It's a restaurant/hotel on the UofA campus, supposedly a very nice little place.

Good point! I forgot to mention that one.

Good point! I forgot to mention that one.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to check into those recommendations.

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to check into those recommendations.

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

No worries, it was a quick fix. I just wanted you to know it was moved and why. :D