Renovated Lake Eola Fountain (2011)

Ocityst

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the fountain got renovated, but I'm going to wait until I see it in person at night before I can give a final judgment. I hope the lights will be programmed to be a bit less busy. There's nothing subtle about them like the old lights that gradually changed color.

I like how they kept the fountain pretty tame all afternoon so it had a more dramatic effect after dark:

eola.jpg

It was great to see Downtown so full of people. I got there right after the rain stopped and some people left, but it was still super busy all the way around. We had drinks in Thornton Park to avoid the traffic and it was fun to see so many people out away from Lake Eola. Before dark I also saw a lot of people wandering along Orange Ave, so hopefully we got some new Downtown fans out of this event.

The show lasted almost 30 minutes (good gallery over at the Sentinel), but I was a little disappointed that you couldn't hear the music.

• 1 month later...

Tonight was the trial run for the fountain light/watershow choreographered to the music piped around the late. I was told this half hour show will run nightly at 8:30PM. I think this is a great idea and even though I have seen the fountain almost nightly, this still was very enjoyable to watch. They had an assortment of swing, patriotic and rock songs that made the lights and water dance to the music in perfect timing.

Archived