New Freeway?

The major cities it traverses through would be (from south to north) Houma, Baton Rouge, roughly following Hwy 61 (Airline Hwy) to Natchez, Monroe, possibly El Dorado, Pine Bluff, and using I-530 to connect to Little Rock/Conway.

The route could continue north to Springfield, MO using U.S. 65's route.

What do you all think about it? Do y'all need a connection to Monroe and the rest of Louisiana other than I-49 on the far west fringe on AK.

Keeping up with numbering rules, it would have to be either I-51 or I-53.

LA-AK stretch, each blue dot is representative of each of the major cities.

5910946987_b2304cc063.jpg

5911539672_91cbc55815_b.jpg

This was mainly done for Louisiana but after spending a short time in Arkansas for the first time I was appalled that there was no interstate directly to Arkansas.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't heard of that one yet. I've heard about I-49 but so far it's not getting very far in Arkansas, particularly through the Ouachitas. And not to give you a hard time but Arkansas's postal code is AR, AK is Alaska. :) I really hate the two letter codes. A lot of people think AR is Arizona.

I haven't heard anything about that but would absolutely love the connection it gets from Little Rock to I-20. Highway 65 is a long, boring stretch from Pine Bluff to the state line. And in Louisiana from the state line to I-20....good grief it's mind-numbing!

Oh, and if the highway went all the way to Baton Rouge...AWESOME! That's a quick trip over to New Orleans!

I'd really prefer an interstate from Little Rock to Jackson. Extend 530 from Pine Bluff to Jackson by crossing the river somewhere north of Greenville, over through Yazoo City and on into Jackson. That would open up the Southeast.

Archived