Columbia Hilton & new Pendleton St Garage

emerging.me

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some renderings of the Pendleton Street garage in Columbia. The garage will feature retail space along Lincoln Street facing the Convention Center and glass stair and elevator towers on two corners. A major CMRTA bus stop will be located along Pendleton Street to encourage visitors to use mass transit and provide convenience to the Hotel and Convention Center patrons. The garage will connect to the first level of the Hotel for easy access by visitors:

1118775214_25_Garage3.2.jpg

1118775136_25_Garage1.2.jpg

1118775182_25_Garage2.2.jpg

:thumbsup: I like it, um hum I like it alot! :yahoo:

Like I said in an earlier post somewhere, to see a rendering of what will be the most beautiful parking garage in the US, go to Park and Pendleton. Thanks to Krazee we don't have to burn the gas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have loved for the convention center hotel to look like this, the Hilton Garden Inn/Park Pavilion development in Atlanta. It will have 262 rooms compared with the 233 rooms in the Hilton. I think we would have settled for a Garden Inn if it would look like this:

ParkPavilion.jpg

I would have loved for the convention center hotel to look like this, the Hilton Garden Inn/Park Pavilion development in Atlanta. It will have 262 rooms compared with the 233 rooms in the Hilton. I think we would have settled for a Garden Inn if it would look like this:

Don't scare me like that, Krazee, I thought it was a rendering for a building here for a moment. I would have taken a Hilton Garden Inn in a minute if it looked like that. I really don't care for the design of the Hilton. The only good thing about it it that it will house a Ruth's Chris. I'll never have to ponder where to have a vendor take me to lunch again, lol.

The design is a bit typical, especially with the brick facade, but I think it's better than the original proposal. I think something like what's going up in Atlanta would fit the Vista quite well. Since the Vista is representative of the future of Columbia, there needs to be more modern architecture IMO.

The design is a bit typical, especially with the brick facade, but I think it's better than the original proposal. I think something like what's going up in Atlanta would fit the Vista quite well. Since the Vista is representative of the future of Columbia, there needs to be more modern architecture IMO.

I completely agree; the convention center is a good example of what I'd like to see.

HA! Man... for a minute there I too thought that was gonna be built here. I love that the heart of the Vista has its historic vibe, but Columbia really needs a cool "design district" where the buildings can play a little bit.

That said... I was really shocked by the Kline site renderings... That area will be dope! I hope those come out soon. People will pee themselves... it's that awesome. lol Puts that block in the rendering above to SHAME. Much more sleek and shiny and modern. And there's this crazy fin that will shoot up the Huger side... it's just... sexy. lol Man, we are way off topic. Sorry Sparty.

HA! Man... for a minute there I too thought that was gonna be built here. I love that the heart of the Vista has its historic vibe, but Columbia really needs a cool "design district" where the buildings can play a little bit.

That said... I was really shocked by the Kline site renderings... That area will be dope! I hope those come out soon. People will pee themselves... it's that awesome. lol Puts that block in the rendering above to SHAME. Much more sleek and shiny and modern. And there's this crazy fin that will shoot up the Huger side... it's just... sexy. lol Man, we are way off topic. Sorry Sparty.

...taps foot....you have seen these renderings and not shared them with your pals on UP? When will these be available for us mere mortals to see?

The Vista is an historic district. I'm surprised you guys would be for that type of architecture for that area. It would fit somewhere along Sumter or Assembly in the right place, but anything built in the Vista should compliment what is there, not clash with it.

The Vista is an historic district. I'm surprised you guys would be for that type of architecture for that area. It would fit somewhere along Sumter or Assembly in the right place, but anything built in the Vista should compliment what is there, not clash with it.

I was talking about the Atlanta Hilton rendering.

I was talking about the Atlanta Hilton rendering.

I think modern architecture can go hand in hand with what is already there and not clash. What's important to me is that its good architecture.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived