Columbia Hilton & new Pendleton St Garage

emerging.me

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think of all that will have transpired by 2009. Exciting!

It might be a bit too ambitious on my part, but I would at least like to see land being cleared for the new riverfront park by that time.

that would be nice; even if the new Riverfront Park hasn't been started, these projects should be finished or nearing completion:

Adesso

USC Horizon Block

USC Biomedical Block

Hilton

The Kline Steel site project

At least Phase One or Canalside

City Dock

Williams-Brice Stadium Expansion

New USC Baseball Stadium

The Palmetto Compress Warehouse lofts

The 2 hotels in the Huger St corridor

Bull Street campus being started

Sheraton Palmetto Center

Barringer Building condos

Vsion

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, great pictures. The facade is finally going onto the parking garage. The Hilton sure doesn't look like it's seven stories; then again, you took the picture from a slanted angle along a hill. Matt took some pictures from way up and I saw them posted briefly on SSC before the server went down for maintenance, then I didn't see them again.

It does look much taller walking passed it on Senate St., which I did last night. I love that area around the Convention Center so I can't wait to see it more developed. The Hilton and garage in the summer, the old fire station, and hopefully an annoucement for the Heart of Columbia Motel site.

The article I posted the link to also said that the Holiday Inn is to become a Courtyard by Marriott.

Someone should demolish that God-awful Rodeway Inn on Main and construct an Embassy Suites or something.

But Krazee, if someone redevelops that property now, it won't be available for my 40-story condo tower I'm building after I win powerball! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived