Nashville Number Three On Boomtown List

MTSUBlueraider86

I don't have the link at the moment, but Forbes ranked Nashville as the number 3 boomtown in the USA this week! We were third highest based on corporate growth, GDP, GNP, and other factors such as university growth, housing sales and housing starts as compared to the rest of the country.

I am surprised no one has posted this yet, but its good news.

BR

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes, under the wire. I'd mentioned in another place that of all the pictures of cities in that list, Nashville seems to have been represented by its "brand." For so long, we fought that, but the city's current embracing of that will pay dividends way into the future for all of us. Pretty cool. Buildings are buildings (and many of the pix are verrrry goodlooking, but to have a brand...priceless.

3 minutes, under the wire. I'd mentioned in another place that of all the pictures of cities in that list, Nashville seems to have been represented by its "brand." For so long, we fought that, but the city's current embracing of that will pay dividends way into the future for all of us. Pretty cool. Buildings are buildings (and many of the pix are verrrry goodlooking, but to have a brand...priceless.

Amen

It does bother me the article shows Lower Broadway and not the skyline which IMHO is a lot more important. No mention of the new MCC, The Titans, The Predators, Vanderbilt, The Gulch, Midtown etc...just a shot of the tourist area...not very good I am afraid... The article does not go in depth and the emphasis on Country Music as you know has been a sore spot with me for decades and IMHO is sad. Nashville is more than country music.

BR

It does bother me the article shows Lower Broadway and not the skyline which IMHO is a lot more important. No mention of the new MCC, The Titans, The Predators, Vanderbilt, The Gulch, Midtown etc...just a shot of the tourist area...not very good I am afraid... The article does not go in depth and the emphasis on Country Music as you know has been a sore spot with me for decades and IMHO is sad. Nashville is more than country music.

BR

People come to Nashville for Broadway and country music. Very few come for The Titans or the Preds. There are football and hockey teams everywhere, there isn't a music capital in every city however.

We won't be what some want us to be without the dollars generated by that which many dislike. Life isn't tailor-made for the few, but for all of us.

It may not be a country tune, but perhaps a change in tune, accompanied by an intense study of the city's music/tourist/hospitality fiduciaries may help write that new tune.

Obviously I appreciate the CMA and the country music industry. As I have stated before, I am glad they are here, but Nashville has grown to the point that other industries need to have some focus as well. Yes, there are very few cities known for music a.k.a Chicago for blues, New Orleans for Jazz, Memphis for Rockabilly and Blues, Detroit for Motown, Nashville for Country etc...however, the photo could have shown Nashville's business and economic strength a.k.a the skyline. The photo of Lower Broad looked very generic and many cities, if not all, have a row of one and two story buildings downtown.

BR

Archived