Publix

Norm2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Public will be opening several stores in the Charlotte metro area in South Carolina. I didnt see anything on their website but I did find this about a location that will be built in Fort Mill.

http://homesfortmill.com/fort-mill-news/is-publix-grocery-coming-to-fort-mill-sc/

Finally! Now they can drop the excuse of shipping costs to bring the chain to Charlotte! :yahoo:

EDIT: in retrospect, this is really moot for me as I will have moved deep into Publix territory by the time this opens. But it's good to know that the option will be there when I come back to visit friends and family.

The success of Publix's future York and Lancaster County stores will determine when to cross the state line to open locations in North Carolina. If Publix opens additional locations in the Charlotte area, one wonders if it will open a new distribution center. The nearest distribution center is approximately 220 miles away in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

I shopped at Publix for years all over Florida. When I would come to the Charlotte, I enjoyed shopping at Harris Teeter which I considered just as good or even better. Publix is just more of the same. We really need World Foods in my humble opinion.

Yeah I lived in Savannah for a while where my main choices were Publix, Kroger, or Piggly Wiggly. Publix was the best of the bunch there but I like Harris Teeter better. In any case competition is good though, Charlotte has a pretty homogenous grocery landscape.

Yeah I lived in Savannah for a while where my main choices were Publix, Kroger, or Piggly Wiggly. Publix was the best of the bunch there but I like Harris Teeter better. In any case competition is good though, Charlotte has a pretty homogenous grocery landscape.

Nothing was worse than living in Savannah with only 1 grocery store downtown, I hated that Kroger, there is now a Food Lion under construction on MLK near the projects over there.

This is beside the point though, why do we have a new thread on publix? Publix plans to enter the Charlotte Market was reported in the Charlotte Supermarket Thread over a year ago, and we've known the locations of the fort mill location for probably 9 months.

This is beside the point though, why do we have a new thread on publix? Publix plans to enter the Charlotte Market was reported in the Charlotte Supermarket Thread over a year ago, and we've known the locations of the fort mill location for probably 9 months.

Good point. Post any further news about Publix's entrance into the market in this thread: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/31515-charlotte-supermarkets/

Archived