Cranes in Greenville's Skyline

motonenterprises

I felt like this would be a fun topic. Our small city is growing, and it's showing. You can see it in the traffic, construction, etc. With that said, how many cranes could we see in the sky during the same time period? We currently have 2 at Riverwalk. One should be getting underway soon, along with phase 2 of the Bookends. That's at the least 3 at once. Feel free to join in.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like this would be a fun topic. Our small city is growing, and it's showing. You can see it in the traffic, construction, etc. With that said, how many cranes could we see in the sky during the same time period? We currently have 2 at Riverwalk. One should be getting underway soon, along with phase 2 of the Bookends. That's at the least 3 at once. Feel free to join in.

Well 4 at once if the 2 remain on site at Riverwalk, plus Bookends and One.

Is the crane at the Peace Center still there?

And, the last DPC application for the Hyatt's exterior changes suggest something that will extend even further out over the Beattie Pl sidewalk from the roof. There could be the potential for a crane associated with the Hyatt work, but the scope of its renovations aren't really clear at this point to me... And any crane action would be extremely short lived, I'd think.

Well, I personally don't count cranes on wheels as cranes per se, LOL. So my answer would be zero.

I doubt the RiverWalk crane will still be there by the time the ones for Bookends phase II and ONE go up.

September is only a month and a half away, if Bookends II starts as anticipated. I think it will depend on the kind of facade that is being used on Riverwalk.

We could possibly see all these at the same time, depending on starting / completion dates.....

- Riverwalk

- Peace Center

- Bookends

- One

And.....I have hesitated to throw this out, so I'll just bait here and this seems like a good point to throw it out......there is another serious multi story development in advanced stages that could be announced soon. "Someone" on here knows what I'm talking about. :whistling: Let the speculation begin.....

We could possibly see all these at the same time, depending on starting / completion dates.....

- Riverwalk

- Peace Center

- Bookends

- One

And.....I have hesitated to throw this out, so I'll just bait here and this seems like a good point to throw it out......there is another serious multi story development in advanced stages that could be announced soon. "Someone" on here knows what I'm talking about. :whistling: Let the speculation begin.....

I'll bite. Phase II of the One Greenville development? :unsure:

- Riverwalk

- Peace Center

- Bookends

- One

I would assume this would be residential or would include residential in a mixeduse project, given all the talk on that subject lately. Is this th CBD or the West End?

My guess is Peacock is being turned into yet another apartment project.

The crane for the Peace Center is no longer on site so you can mark that one off the list for now. It will probably return when Triangle starts construction on the side facing the Reedy River. Oh and i'm going with the gateway site for the "secret project" gsupstate is referring to.

Please, oh please let it be someone finally doing something major with the old Memorial Auditorium hole. (When you pass it every day, it tends to get under your skin a bit, sorry.) dontknow.gif

Greenville Epicentre?

For reasons I have mentioned before, I hope not! I would love to see all of the components found in Epicentre, but I would not want to see an all encompassing complex. Of the components, a bowling alley is high on my list. :thumbsup:

I'm interested by gsupstate's wording. "multistory" seems to suggest, to me, that it's not a HUGE thing, but something that would be dynamic and important. Basically, not a tower? However the word "serious" seems to suggest something more extreme. For reference, I might call Poinsett Corners and the Fieldhouse dynamic multistory developments. I'd say ONE, Riverplace, and McBee Station is serious. Disecting words is getting me nowhere... :dunno:

Archived