Costco expansion

Neo

This past weekend my wife and I were in Costco and as usual they asked if I was interested in an executive membership based on my spending habits with them. I absolutely love Costco, but the two in the Charlotte area are a ~25-30 minute drive. In my conversation with a couple of Costco employees, they both mentioned that a Costco was being built in Mooresville but didn't have any information regarding grand opening.

I don't believe Mooresville has zoning or construction permits accessible online so I couldn't find out for myself if this was true or not. A search on the Interwebs comes up empty so I'm curious if anyone else has heard about a Costco coming to Mooresville and do you have any more info on it? I'm not sure it would be any closer, but I'm glad Costco may be expanding in our area.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This past weekend my wife and I were in Costco and as usual they asked if I was interested in an executive membership based on my spending habits with them. I absolutely love Costco, but the two in the Charlotte area are a ~25-30 minute drive. In my conversation with a couple of Costco employees, they both mentioned that a Costco was being built in Mooresville but didn't have any information regarding grand opening.

I don't believe Mooresville has zoning or construction permits accessible online so I couldn't find out for myself if this was true or not. A search on the Interwebs comes up empty so I'm curious if anyone else has heard about a Costco coming to Mooresville and do you have any more info on it? I'm not sure it would be any closer, but I'm glad Costco may be expanding in our area.

I would even settle for exit 23.

When I saw the name of the thread, I just about fell off my chair. I thought OMG they are going to make those stores even larger. I am single and have been in Costco & Sam's with friends. I am not a big shopper and all I wanted to do was get out as soon as possible. Overwhelming! Haha! Hope you land a Costco close to you. Concord area would seem a good choice. That area around Concord Mills? not sure if that's the name or not, would seem to be a good area.

Concord area would seem a good choice. That area around Concord Mills? not sure if that's the name or not, would seem to be a good area.

I'm not sure how Costco picks its locations, but there is already a BJ's at the Concord Mills exit and a Sams Club about four miles away.

Archived