• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.
HopHead

Carolina Panthers

1191 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

I think they have a ton of gaps. And actually, not to get off topic, that move by the.Browns is brilliant. It's impossible to spend $100 mil in free agency so they have the money to eat. In return they bought increasingly valuable draft picks, got someone who can hike the ball better than anyone they had, would get in FA or in the draft and gave up virtually nothing. 

Agree that the move was actually good (for both sides really). For the Texans it was basically a salary dump. Cleveland gets a 2nd rounder (and another late rounder). But, this is the Browns we are talking about that. Their track record isn't exactly good at executing on their opportunities when they are given the chances. Lucky for them, the Redskins have now become the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL.

Cleveland has a football team?

4 people like this

Kony Ealy & a 3rd rounder to the Pats in exchange for a 2nd rounder. What the hell is DG doing????

5 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Kony Ealy & a 3rd rounder to the Pats in exchange for a 2nd rounder. What the hell is DG doing????

I hate giving the Pats anything, but here is some perspective: http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-trade-kony-ealy-to-patriots/ . Despite that SB50 performance, he was making a ton of mistakes. Never built off it. 

Also, the Panthers already had two 3rd rounders. Now they have a 1-1st, 2-2nds, 1-3rd. They'll take at least one DL there. 

1 person likes this

Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Adams signed today in addition to Peppers.  Can we skip ahead to football season?

1 person likes this

Do the Panthers still use the large field next door (to the north)? I was walking around there today and I could see that being some prime residential development land soon.

1 hour ago, elrodvt said:

Do the Panthers still use the large field next door (to the north)? I was walking around there today and I could see that being some prime residential development land soon.

Pretty sure those are their practice fields along south Cedar Street. Once a scout many years from another team was spying on them through the fence so they put up the tarps so people can't watch their game so closely. 

Posted (edited)

Kawann Short signed for 5 years/$80 million. He's not worth $16 mil a year but I guess thems the going rate. The guarantee is team friendly though so that's good 

Edited by Jayvee

Panthers schedule for 2017 is out. Highlights: @ 49ers to open the season. Thursday night game at home against the Eagles and MNF game at home against the Dolphins. 3 of last 4 are at home. Lots of 1pm games ... which is good. They do better when the spotlight isn't on them out of the gate.

http://www.panthers.com/schedule/schedule.html

1 person likes this

Wonder how high the Lincoln Harris Bank of America tower will be for the 2 night games Oct 12 and Nov. 13? I hope they light up the tower greatly those nights during nationally televised games! 

You never know who's going to be good and who isn't.....but I daresay I like the schedule...knock on wood.  

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, grodney said:

You never know who's going to be good and who isn't.....but I daresay I like the schedule...knock on wood.  

If Panthers make a run this year, that 3 of the last 4 at home in December will be very favorable for them. 

4/20 was yesterday. :tw_grin:

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

Carolina drafted Christian McCaffery. I didn't know too much about him, but after looking at some of his college stats and listening to analysts gush about him for awhile, I feel he will be a solid addition to the Panthers.   

With all the FA pickups and now McCaffery, I am as giddy as a kid on Christmas for this upcoming  football season.

Absolutely love the McCaffery pick. He'll add so much versatility to the Panthers offense. He can run between the tackles, play the slot and return punts. Gives a guy that Cam can dump the ball out into the flat to as well.

3 people like this

Do we think Charlotte will put in a bid to host the draft in the future?

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

I think LA, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, will be in consideration before we will be. Philly did an amazing job, good for them.

1 hour ago, hambone931 said:

Charlotte will host an NFL draft before it hosts a Super Bowl. 

Lots of chatter out there that Brandon Beane is going to join Sean McDermott in Buffalo as their next GM.  Would make a lot of sense for Buffalo to pair McDermott with a GM that he is already familiar with.  

On 4/29/2017 at 10:36 PM, saam14 said:

I think LA, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, will be in consideration before we will be. Philly did an amazing job, good for them.

Nashville is putting a bid for it so why not for Charlotte? 

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Nashville is putting a bid for it so why not for Charlotte? 

I definitely hope Charlotte does! I'll be there all 3 days!

1 person likes this

We need to get some screening up around our practice facility.  Taking the highest bid for today's practice 

IMG_0117.JPG

4 people like this